What Is a PHP Developer?
You may have heard of software developers. The holder of a PHP developer job is one who is a type of software developer specializing in testing, designing, and implementing various types of software whilst using the PHP programming language. They are the one who develop programs, applications, and websites using their expertise.
What does a PHP Developer do?
A PHP developer is the one who is responsible for developing a server-side web application logic like the backend components that help with connecting an application with various web services, which are more often than not often third-party. The skills of a PHP developer job also involve supporting the front-end developers. They do that by integrating the front-end developer’s work with the application that they created. When it comes to some of the major frameworks, the duties of a PHP Developer also include developing and integrating plugins for such frameworks.
PHP Developer job duties include:
- Developing a server-side logic
- Take care of the backend components
- Support the front-end developers
- Integrate the front-end developer’s work with the backend of a server
- Integrate various plugins with the many popular frameworks
- Listen to the requests of the client as well as the front-end developers
Job brief for PHP Developer
When the recruiters look for a talented candidate for a PHP developer job, they essentially look for someone who is able to manage a majority of all of the backend services. They need to be sure that a seamless interchange of data takes place within the server as well as the users. Being a skilled PHP developer, one must be held responsible for coding and developing all of the server-side logic. They are the ones who are required to maintain the central database. They also need to make sure that they respond to the distinctive requests that may come from the front-end developers.
Responsibilities of PHP Developer
A software developer plays a very important role within an organization. So is the case with a candidate having a PHP developer job; you can find some of their major responsibilities below:
- To manage the analysis of a website
- To take care of any application requirements.
- To write backend codes along with building some efficient PHP modules
- Use an optimized database in order to develop backend portals
- Troubleshooting the various code and application issues
- To integrate solutions for data storage
- Respond affirmatively to integration requests made by front-end developers
- To finalize various backend features. They also have to test the web applications
- To enhance performance for an application, they need to do some updates and alter procedures
Requirements for PHP Developer Job
There are a few requirements for a PHP developer job that a candidate must consider in order to get considered:
- They should have a Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science or any other similar field.
- They must have a thorough knowledge of PHP web frameworks which include Laravel, Yii, and CodeIgniter.
- They are supposed to have a good understanding of PHP programming that is object-oriented.
- They are required to have previous experience in creating scalable applications.
- They must be proficient with CVS, Git, Mercurial, and SVN, among other code versioning tools.
- They must be acquainted with SQL/NoSQL databases.
- They should be able to manage projects.
- They must have good problem-solving skills.
Average Salary for PHP Developer (City Based Tables)
|City||Minimum Salary||Maximum Salary||Average Annual Salary|
|Mumbai||₹ 1.5 LPA||₹ 8.3 LPA||₹ 3.6 LPA|
|New Delhi||₹ 1.2 LPA||₹ 7 LPA||₹ 3.3 LPA|
|Bangalore||₹ 1.7 LPA||₹ 8.8 LPA||₹ 3.5 LPA|
|Pune||₹ 2.8 LPA||₹ 6.9 LPA||₹ 2.8 LPA|
|Chandigarh||₹ 1.3 LPA||₹ 7 LPA||₹ 3 LPA|
The salaries mentioned above are not the ones applicable in all of the cities. A majority of the cities may have a varied difference due to the cost of living that is pertinent in the respective places.
Key Skills for A PHP Developer Job
Here are some of the much-required skills for a PHP developer:
- They must be well-acquainted with various best practices for PHP as well as design patterns for the same.
- They should be comfortable with PHP developer tools like PSR, Composer, and PHP Unit. It is as per their learning to apply the various standards to prevent unnecessary PHP code variations.
- With their problem-solving skills, they make it easy for their team to do the work and enable the working of a company running smoothly.
- They should have good communication skills to let their perspective come across in front of the client and understand their perspective or ideas.
- PHP is a programming language that continues to evolve. So, it becomes significant for the PHP developer to evolve with it as well and give themselves distinct opportunities to learn new things. It is important to be curious and keep an open mind to grasp new concepts in this field.
Why pursue a career in PHP Developer?
Choosing a career as a PHP developer can bring you a lot of advantages. First of all, the PHP developer job is found in almost all the organizations that run online. With the help of some adequate knowledge in the field, one can fetch a handsome amount on a yearly basis. The PHP developer job requirements also include having great managerial skills, which can only help them in achieving a higher set of goals.
With most of the businesses going online, the job of a PHP developer will only require more people to fill them. This comes as a positive while one looks for a lucrative career that is also long-lasting. Also, one can always generate more by working on their PHP developer skills.
How to become a PHP Developer?
There are several ways that one can choose to become a PHP developer. Some of those ways are as follows:
- They can go for a Bachelor’s Degree in B.Tech or B.E. with any specialization
- One can go for a postgraduate degree in any field.
- One has the option of straight away going for a course for PHP development
- A candidate may even be selected based on their skills, which they may have learnt online
- One is much preferred if they have experience in the field.
- A person can also start as an intern in the field and work on their skills further to get ahead.