The key to a good interview is about understanding two aspects – getting to know the organisation to which you have applied and being prepared of the questions that you might face with respect to the subject matter in questions or simply, your job profile.
Here we list 10 ASP.Net questions that can be asked in an interview.
Question 1: What do you understand by ASP.Net?
Question 2: In your opinion, what are the advantages of using a framework like ASP.Net?
Well, I feel that ASP.Net is quite a revolutionary tool for tech enthusiasts. Here are some of the inherent benefits of the same:
• The framework has been designed in such a manner that it significantly cuts the time taken for coding.
• Due to the inbuilt authentication by Windows, the applications designed using ASP.Net is much safe and secure in comparison to its counterparts.
• The framework is quite simple to learn and routine tasks can be performed quite easily any hassle.
Question 3: Can you tell us the distinction between Response.Redirect as well as Server.Transfer?
The former is used to take the user’s browser to a new page or website. On the contrary, the Server.Transfer takes you from one page to another without following a round-trip to the browser of the client. This provides a faster alternative.
Question 4: In the ViewState, how long do the items exist?
The items in ViewState are existent for the entire life of the current page.
Question 5: Can you explain the process of Caching?
My previous experiences in using ASP.Net make me understand that caching helps access frequently accessed files as well as data by storing it in memory. This way, a request for such files is accessed from the cache instead of the real location of the same.
Question 6: Is there any protocol that can be used to call a Web service?
Certainly. The protocol is called HTTP Protocol.
Question 7: Can you list out the data types which the RangeValidator controls supports?
The RangeValidator control supports a variety of data types such as Currency, Double String, Integer, etc.
Question 8: Which file extension do web services have?
The extension for web services is .asmx.
Question 9: Tell us about JIT.
JIT is an abbreviation of Just in Time. It is used for converting Intermediate Language into the form of a Native Code.
Question 10: How many types of State Management are there in ASP.Net?
There are two types of state management: Server Side and Client Side.
In case you feel that you should know a few more questions for your interview, here is an additional list of ASP.Net interview questions:
1. Explain Assembly and its types.
2. Tell us something about MVC.
3. What do you understand by Code Access Security?
4. What do you know about Garbage Collector?
5. What is Global Assembly Cache?
6. What according to you is Protected Configuration?
7. Enlist the various state management options that ASP.Net provides for.
8. Tell us something about Cross Page Posting.
9. How does passport authentication work?
10. What are the limitations of ASP.Net?
Approach the interview with an optimistic outlook and give your best shot at creating an impression that can help you in getting the job. All the best for your interview!