Lockdown or no lockdown, digital marketing looks an evergreen career choice for many.
In fact, according to reports, Internet penetration in the country is expected to reach over 55% by 2025. This means more and more people will be able to access products and services online and companies will focus more on their online offerings.
This also means businesses will need more digital marketing professionals.
Here are some of the popular digital marketing jobs that you can explore if you are looking to make a career in digital marketing.
- Search Engine Optimization Specialist (SEO): An SEO specialist is expected to analyse a website and recommend changes to organically increase the traffic or traction on the website. In other words, an SEO specialist devises a strategy to rank a website on search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Bing. As an SEO specialist, you may work as a freelance consultant or apply for an SEO job in an organisation.
- Search Engine Marketing Expert (SEM): Search Engine Marketing is a process of using search engines such as Google to market or advertise your product or service. At times people get confused between SEO and SEM. Search engine optimisation is part of search engine marketing or search marketing. While SEO is about optimising a website to get higher ranking in organic search results, SEM goes beyond that and involve other methods to generate traffic or leads. These methods may include paid promotions using PPC or Google AdWords. SEM is among the most popular job roles in digital marketing.
- Content Writer: Content is an integral part of digital marketing. A content writer creates content about a company’s products and services. The responsibility of a content writer may include writing articles based on the keywords which help to get better SEO ranking. If you have good writing skills, relevant educational qualification and know how to research a topic, you could be the right fit for a content writing job.
- Digital Marketing Manager: This is the most demanded job role in digital marketing required to lead a digital marketing team. A candidate in this profile is supposed to strategise and look after the planning, budgeting, execution, and management of the digital marketing efforts and that may include SEO/SEM, PPC, ORM, and email marketing among others. A digital marketing manager is also responsible for measuring the success or failure of a campaign.
- Social Media Marketing Executive: Social media is an integral part of digital marketing. Companies require social media professionals to manage their social media handles and to run social media campaigns. At times a social media executive also takes additional responsibility for online reputation management (ORM) for an organisation.
- Freelance Digital marketing Jobs: There are various organisations that hire candidates for freelance digital marketing jobs. This is one of the most profitable jobs in digital marketing as you can work for multiple clients and not only earn well but also learn a lot from them as well.
You can work on one or multiple digital marketing skills given below to better your chances of getting a job in digital marketing.
- Social Media
- Email Marketing
- Paid Social Media and Advertising
- Mobile Marketing
- Online Reputation Management
- Data Analysis
You may also like: