Suppose you are always curious to know how a product from the company benefits the client and love collaborating with them to build a strong relationship. In that case, a client relations manager job is ideal for you.
Business houses and corporate companies hire client relation specialists to ensure that their clients are satisfied with their services and provide assistance and solutions to any grievances they face.
With the lucrative salary that client relations manager jobs provide with added perks and benefits, the position of a client relationship manager is considered a highly coveted position and greatly valued by the youth of today.
However, it is important to acknowledge that to become a successful client relationship manager. Various factors that play an important role during the hiring process.
One should be aware of the various requirements and skills that recruiters look for and the responsibilities of the position. Therefore, if you are looking for a detailed guide that can act as a free template for you, continue reading the article for more details.
What is a client relation manager?
A client relationship manager is a professional who works to benefit of the company to build, strengthen and maintain the company’s relationship with its clients.
Client relations manager jobs include mainly working in sales, marketing, advertising, and public relations and acting as a bridge between the clients and the business houses.
They communicate with the clients to understand what type of services they expect from the company and pitch different services and products offered by the business house. They also help in building new strategies that can help in boosting the growth of the company.
What does a client relations manager do?
One may wonder that a client relations manager job generally includes working with the clients only. However, the workload is much more demanding than it seems.
Some of the chief duties that a client relationship manager has to shoulder are
- Building and maintaining healthy relationships with strong clients as well as making potential new clients
- Addressing complaints and concerns of the clients
- Creating different sales campaigns and plans to boost the revenue generated by the company
Client relationship manager job duties include
Apart from the basic responsibilities that a client relationship manager has to shoulder, there are other various on and off duties that the specialist has to complete.
Some of the chief duties in client relations manager job are
- Receiving and analyzing feedback from clients
- Handling complaints and directing the feedback to the appropriate departments.
- Meeting the clients or scheduling regular meetings to foster a healthy relationship with the company
- Researching, analyzing, and monitoring industry trends
- Giving presentations to clients about new products and services provided by the company
Job brief for client relation manager
The ideal job brief usually posted for client relations manager jobs consists of a professional who can create and nurture long-term relationships with the clients.
Client relation specialists will be in charge of identifying any issues that arise in the customers and provide solutions accordingly.
The client relation manager should effectively grasp the client’s needs and make sure they are satisfied with the services and products provided by the company. They should also be able to safeguard the revenues of the company and retain the customers effectively to support the growth of the company.
Responsibilities of client relationship manager
The generic responsibilities that come with the client relations manager job are
- Serving as a means of communication between business houses and companies and the clients
- Develops, creates, and tracks reports of performances of different units
- Identifying the needs of clients and providing solutions accordingly
- Maintaining a strong relationship with the clients by regularly checking on them to learn whether they are satisfied with the company or not
- Addressing concerns of the clients to the managers in concerns
- Researching about other competitors in the field and developing strategies accordingly to bring in new customers and boost the growth of the company
- Working closely with other departments of the company to develop strategies that can help in satisfying the customers and solve their needs
- Setting sales and revenue targets and working diligently to complete the goals
- Ensuring both clients and company adhere to the contract terms
Requirements for client relation manager
As mentioned earlier, a client relations manager job provides several perks and benefits and is considered a coveted position by the youth. And therefore, several applications get submitted for relation manager jobs.
However, recruiting managers look for specific requirements in their potential candidates who can help in the growth of the company, and some of the common requirements being
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing, and advertising, and other business-related fields.
- Should have basic business knowledge as it helps in identifying the needs of the clients faster and solutions can then be provided quicker after that.
- Having proven experience as a client relationship manager
(Several companies offer internship programs, or you can participate in workshops in related fields)
- Excellent customer service skills and experience are highly preferred.
- Must have the ability to work flawlessly under tight deadlines and achieve the set targets
- Proficiency in MS Office with a basic knowledge of working of CRM platforms is generally preferred
The average salary for a client relation manager
The average client relationship manager’s salary depends upon various factors, including key skills, the experience of the candidate, and even upon the company they are being employed in.
An entry-level client relationship manager with less than a year of experience may obtain an annual salary of INR 295,151.
On the other hand, a client relation specialist with more than 4 years of experience gets an average salary of INR 469,480 and, with more than 10 years of experience, gets a salary of INR 866,499.
Apart from the basic requirements that are required from the candidates, some other key skills that can help you to stand apart from the masses are
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Effective negotiation skills are required when presenting contracts and establishing the terms
- Should be a good team player and have a strong work ethic
- Should possess excellent problem-solving skills
- should be analytical and must have the capability to adapt to different situations
Why pursue a career in client relationship management
The position of a client relations manager is extremely sought after by the youth of today.
A career in client relationship management provides you with different perks and benefits and not to mention the lucrative salary that comes with it.
Business houses and corporate companies are built on the needs of the customers. Therefore, the demand for professionals who can help in maintaining a healthy relationship with clients is highly valued.
The growth in the career is generous, and the demand for employees in the field is ever increasing.
People Also Interested In:
- Content Writer Job Description
- Brand Manager Job Description
- Digital Marketing Executive Job Description
- Marketing Intern Job Description
How to become a client relationship manager
To obtain a client relations manager job and become successful in the career, one needs basic education and certain key skills.
Therefore, to summarize, here is a simple breakdown for you.
- Earn a bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, management, or any other related field.
You can even complete a Master’s or obtain certificates in the required field to supplement your degree.
- Try to gain a lot of experience in customer service.
You can join internships provided by different companies or participate in different workshops. The more experience you gather, the more qualified and prepared you will be for the role.
- As mentioned above, negotiation skill is a key skill for a client relationship manager. Therefore, make sure you polish your negotiation skills.
These skills form an important part of the day-to-day duties of relation manager jobs and are required to maintain a healthy working relationship.
- Work on your communication skills
- Learning about customer relationship management tools can help in your hiring process.
Now there you go, hopefully, our article sheds some light on client relations manager jobs.
Client relationship managers are highly valued in a company, and therefore several applications are submitted for the coveted position. Therefore, make sure you stand apart from the masses and prepare accordingly.