Sales is an exciting career to go for. Working as a sales executive can add many shades to your personality. A sales career is an opportunity for success to candidates who are extrovert, socially active and take failures in their strides.
There are countless roles in sales job profile and many ways to climb the ladder to get to top so, if you want to make a career in sales executive jobs then go through this comprehensive guide to make a smart decision.
✅ Who is a sales executive?
Sales executives, also known as sales officers, run divisions whose key function is to offer goods and services to customers both either business to business or business to customer, so their organization can earn profit. They may have to handle overall categories of products, such as goods in subdivision stores or concentrate on specialty products or services such as hair-care products, automobiles and other services. Their focus of their duty is on selling, acquisition and upsell.
✅ How’s sales as career?
Sales is a highly dynamic job profile as most candidates from B-Schools directly land a job in various companies in this role. To be a sales executive one needs to understand the target-based jobs. Sales is a high business and revenue generating business function for any company.
To get into sales one should have a great sales acumen and should also know how to handle clients. Most sales personnel take-up this job to make good money along with incentives. A sales executive is the pillar between a customer and the company and almost all companies need sales executives.
✅ What educational qualification is required to become a sales executive?
Although, sales personnel require more of street smartness and industry knowledge but still to find a job with reputed organization one needs to have a proper qualification. The educational qualifications required are:
- Graduation: BBA, B.Com., B.A.
- Post-Graduation: MBA, M.Com., MA
- Diploma: PGDM
✅ What certifications one may take to advance his or her sales career?
- Certified Inside Sales Professional (CISP)
- Certified Professional Sales Person (CPSP)
- Certified Sales Leadership Professional (CSLP) (The Sales Management Association)
- HubSpot Inbound Sales
- Rise-Up Sales
✅ What is the job role of a sales executive?
- Direct and manage activities relating sales of products, commodities, real estate or other areas of sale.
- Lead generation
- Pre-sales activities
- Solve customer issues regarding service and sales
- Evaluate operational accounts and make reports for planned sales and determine profitability
- Supervise provincial and local sales assistants and staffs
- Regulate price schedules and discount charges
✅ What all technical skills are required for a sales executive job?
- Business intelligence and data analysis software: Qlik Tech QlikView, Tableau, IBM Cognos Impromptu, Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition
- Customer relationship management CRM software: Salesforce software, Vanguard Software Vanguard Sales Manager, HEAT Software Goldmine, Oracle Eloqua
- Data base user interface: Oracle software, Data entry software, Microsoft Access Structured query language SQL.
- Electronic mail software: Microsoft Outlook, IBM Notes, Microsoft Exchange Server
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software: Oracle PeopleSoft, Microsoft Dynamics, NetSuite ERP, SAP
✅ What are the top skills required for a sales executive must have?
- Persuasion: Persuading is the top skills that sales personnel must have. Perusing others to change their minds, choices or behaviour is very important for this job profile.
- Active Listening: Focusing with full attention to grasp what other people are saying, understanding and acknowledging the points that are being made, asking questions when required and not interrupting at unreasonably.
- Communication: Convey information effectively and conveniently.
- Management: Regulating and managing actions relative to others' actions.
- Critical Thinking: Using rational logics and reasoning to recognise the strong points and weaknesses of substitute solutions, deductions or methods to solve problems.
✅ What are various jobs available for a sales executive?
✅ What you should look for in a sales job?
- Industry and growth prospects
- Products & Services, and their market demand
- Salary and incentive structure
- Company culture
✅ What salary one may expect in this job role?
- At entry-level as sales executive with less than 1 year of work experience one can earn an average total salary of ₹3,50,008.
- At early career level as sales executive with 1-4 years of work experience one can draw an average total pay of ₹499,103.
- Reaching mid-career level, a sales executive with 5-9 years of work experience one may earn an average total pay of ₹604,984.
- Once you get experienced by working as sales executive with 10-19 years of work experience one may earn an average total salary of ₹8,41,360.
- Ultimately in late career with 20 years and higher work experience an employee may make an average total salary of ₹13,40,000.