Sep 2&3rd Drive in Ahmedabad. Drive time 10-5 PM.
Address: BDO RISE - Office 704 to 708, 7th-floor Shapath 5, S.G. Road, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380015
Department (Name / ID): Tax About BDO RISE
BDO RISE stands for round-the-clock international services for excellence and is dedicated to providing exceptional client services to our clients based in the US. BDO RISE accesses the abundance of highly credentialed professionals in India across a wide range of disciplines, bringing their skills and talents to help solve the complex business issues that arise in a world that never sleeps. Our professionals operate seamlessly as part of BDO USA engagement teams, leveraging consistent best practices while accessing our global resources to deliver outstanding service and
solutions for our clients. BDO RISE serves BDO USA clients across our Assurance, Tax, Advisory and BDO Digital practices.
On every engagement, our India-based professionals work closely and collaboratively with US-based counterparts as one integrated team; the BDO approach is one of collective responsibility and shared recognition.
We value diversity of perspectives and skills. And we recognize that in an increasingly complex world, the need for professional growth is constant. BDO is fully committed to the ongoing career development of our people with mentorship relationships, and with structured training.
The person is responsible for utilizing research skills, applying tax foundational knowledge to understand potential tax issues, gathering client information necessary for filing, participating in tax planning, recognizing and communicating potential risks, and working with tax software applications to complete tax returns for review. Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or other relevant field required
- Masters degree in Accounting beneficial, masters degree in taxation preferred
- Prior basic supervisory experience preferred
- Prior experience with individual tax return experience (Form 1040)
- Foundation of basic accounting skills including trial balance and journal entries
- Understanding of financial statements and the underlying supporting workpapers
- Experience in working on Form 1040 (High Net Worth Individuals)
- Experience in working on K-1's
- Proficient in K-1 reclassifications and sale of PTP K-1's
- Experience with Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook), and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience in all tax compliance process software including GoFileRoom, GoSystemRS, Caseware, Prosystems, or comparable programs and standard tax workpapers
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to follow instructions as directed by members of Tax Team
- Ability to prepare simple tax returns
- Takes appropriate actions without being asked
- Seeks advice of appropriate superiors regarding issues, problems related to compliance
- Ability to effectively delegate work as needed
- Trains other team members
- Strong analytical, research and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects under deadline with supervision