This role is in the vendor management squad within the HR data privacy initiative to support the ongoing risk remediation work required for third parties. This includes working with internal HR business teams, supply chain management, legal, compliance and the third party vendors we work with. This role requires exceptional communication, extreme attention to detail, an ability to build and maintain relationships with vendors, must navigate complex process of engagement with third parties, and engage on contractual negotiations to ensure compliance to the bank&rsquos data privacy standards.
- Support the vendor management strategy across human resources and technology with a focus on transparency and alignment to the bank&rsquos standards for third parties.
- Manage and deliver vendor management workstreams as defined by the bank&rsquos standard for Data Privacy with strong focus on efficiency.
- Proactively manage relationships with vendors, supply chain, legal and business teams to remediate risks associated with third parties.
- Adopt an agile mindset with a focus on delivery efficiency and continuous improvement.
- Manage conflicts in stakeholder expectations, employee experience and HR good practice in process solution design across multiple workstreams.
- Understand risks, business imperatives and business context when facilitating decision making impacted by the process re-design, create solution options and make recommendations.
- Present clear options and recommendations, facilitate decision making and enable clear understanding in key stakeholders of risks, outcomes and trade-offs.
People and Talent
- Provide oversight, review and remediation of risk for third parties (vendor / supplier and non-vendor third party JV) who provide services involving processing of personal data on the bank&rsquos behalf.
- Ensure standard legal contract terms in place with all third parties (vendor / supplier and non-vendor third party JV).
- Supply chain management repository to be managed for those HR vendors where assessment has been already completed.
- Support the qualification and evaluation process for new service providers.
- Support the process of Request for Proposal (RFP) development from service provider selection through final contract execution.
- Manage the contracting activities including preparation, finalization, and administration of CDAs, MSAs, Service Agreements, Work Orders, Change Orders, and Amendments.
- Negotiate services descriptions, budgets and payment schedules using costing tools as necessary.
- Support teams in the resolution of service provider performance issues.
- Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the group operates.
- Forge deep relationships with key stakeholders to understand their requirements and where applicable factor into the strategic roadmap.
- Ensure that all management information is produced in line with the defined schedule and quality and should support management decision and action.
- Ability to review project deliverables for completeness, quality, and compliance with established project standards.
- Drive a culture of inclusiveness and team with agile delivery principles.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Responsible for effective governance of the program, reporting back monthly to the management team via the established forums.
- Support identification of risks, reporting of risks and remediating the risk associated with all third parties in HR.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
About Standard Chartered
- HR Programme Manager, Product Owner, Scrum Master, Design Lead and Vendor teams
- Lead, Vendor Mgmt Specialist
- HR for HR, Country Heads of HR, HRBPs, CoE Leads, HR COO team
- HR Technology
- Supply Chain
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website