The Investment Bank (IB) brings together Deutsche Bank's Financing, Capital Markets, Origination and Advisory services as well as Sales and Trading businesses. The IB is maintaining a global presence with major hubs in US, Europe and Asia which are all critical for our business model to remain a leading European bank, deeply rooted in Germany, and with a strong global network.
The IB Divisional Vendor Management Office (DVMO) works with all Investment Bank businesses globally to help them meet their business strategy and manage cost, risk, and performance to targets. This includes management of Vendor relationships and engagements end-to-end to ensure effective and efficient service delivery. Areas of focus cover vendor selection, right-sizing of the vendor perimeter, ensuring vendor and service ownership, actively managing vendor-related cost and risk, optimizing process, tooling, and data together with business partners in Global Procurement and the Risk Type Controllers.
Vendor Management is a Key Deliverable for DB and therefore the IB DVMO actively engages with and leads efforts in the bankwide Vendor Management Re-design Initiatives which aim at a state-of-the-art set-up and governance on how we manage our Vendors in the best way over the vendor lifecycle.
The IB Vendor Manager (VM)
- collaborates closely with the businesses, respective IB Vendor & Service Owners, Procurement, and 2nd LoD functions,
- is responsible for the service relationship with vendors on transactional level for it's risk assessment
- supports senior management in their day-to-day- management of vendor relationships,
- ensures adequate monitoring of performance, cost and risk of service relationships via KPIs,
- identifies process gaps and develops improvements to ensure efficiency,
- performs vendor related risk management process responsibilities,
- ensures adherence to guidelines and Key Operating Documents,
- supports and advises the business on the best possible design of the service relationship
- identifies process gaps or inconsistencies and propose appropriate mitigating actions to drive efficiencies for areas (or vendors) within their remit,
- ensures compliance with the applicable policies, procedures and key operating documents.
Thereby the VM leads in
Skills and Qualifications:
- defining the IB vendor sourcing strategy in cooperation with businesses
- driving down IB's vendor spend and risk
- ensuring good vendor governance and performance management
- establishing efficient Vendor Risk Management approach and
- ensuring overall compliance of divisional risk position against risk appetite
- strong experience as a Vendor Manager/Specialist, Procurement Manager or in a Business Manager role
- well-versed in regulatory requirements during a vendor outsourcing life-cycle
- good experience in risk management, esp. valuable if in Non-Financial Risk
- experience in a trusted advisory role
- used to build a holistic view and strive to overcome divisional silos
- used to deliver to pre-defined objectives in time
- excellent communication skills in writing as well as verbally with the ability to communicate in a clear, concise manner at all levels
How we'll support you
- strong analytical and problem solving skills
- strong change management skills
- good understanding of services IB businesses typically purchase externally
- decent know-how and experience with financial planning and modelling
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
About us and our teams
Please visit our company website for further information:
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.