Regulation, Compliance and Anti-Financial Crime (AFC) protect the integrity and reputation of Deutsche Bank. They manage the Bank's risks and help to avoid unintentional rule breaches and conflicts of interest. At the same time, they also advise us on ethical conduct and governance issues and keep our organisation up to date on regulatory and political challenges.
Deutsche Bank (DB) is committed to the highest standards of control in the areas of Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Sanctions & Embargoes, Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC) and Anti-Fraud (collectively referred to as Anti-Financial Crime). All employees are required to adhere to these standards to protect DB and our reputation from those who may intend to use our products and services for illegal purposes including, but not necessarily limited to, money laundering, bribery, corruption, fraud and/or Terrorist Financing.
The purpose of the Financial Crime Operations (FCO) team is to ensure that the systems it is tasked with surveilling are at all times being used in accordance with the legal and regulatory Anti-Money Laundering framework and to escalate issues of concern to AFC Management in a timely manner. This includes the escalations from multiple areas such as BIU, ABAC, Advisory, and any Unusual Activity Reports.
Reporting to the Regional Execution & Projects Lead for FCO & Modelling and as part of the wider APAC AFC Team, the Data Mining and Analytics Officer will facilitate the regional team through expertise in the analysis of data.
What we'll offer you
As part of our flexible scheme, here are just some of the benefits that you'll enjoy
Your key responsibilities
- Best in class leave policy
- Gender neutral parental leaves
- 100% reimbursement under childcare assistance benefit (gender neutral)
- Sponsorship for Industry relevant certifications and education
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family members
- Comprehensive Hospitalization Insurance for you and your dependents
- Accident and Term life Insurance
- Complementary Health screening for 35 yrs. and above
Your skills and experience
- Support the design, development, delivery and maintenance of Management Information / Operational Reporting for Transaction Monitoring and the Financial Crime Operations Team.
- Support the execution of proactive Transaction Monitoring Risk Assessments utilizing subject matter expertise, industry trends, emerging AFC risks and data analytics.
- Perform data analysis and research and curate meaningful insights from the data output
- Support Transaction Monitoring Scenario Effectiveness Analyses and AFC technology related projects, representing Transaction Monitoring
- Support the coordination of the planning, execution and administration of Transaction Monitoring projects, topics and issues with locations within the APAC region and functions to identify, accurately reflect and mitigate issues.
- Engage with Risk and Audit partners to ensure transparency in ongoing reviews.
You will be:
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Data Science, MIS, Information Management, or Statistics
- Working knowledge of AML Transaction Monitoring systems
- Strong knowledge on SQL (Structure Query Language) languages
- Demonstrated experience in analytics platforms (SAS, R, and etc.) for data mining and statistical analysis
- 3-4 years of direct experience in Financial Crime, Risk Assessment or Quality Assurance in Financial Services, Banking or Regulatory environment, longer industry experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Experience with creating and delivering impactful presentation
- Capability to interpret complex requirements and be a self-starter
- Project management/workflow management skills
How we'll support you
- Be highly proficient in AFC technology solutions.
- Have strong AFC Risk acumen
- Have a background in statistics and/or mathematics
- Previously exposed to AML technology particularly AML Monitoring Systems
- Able to spot detail and able to apply control framework around processes and identify gaps/risks.
- A strong time manager be highly organized have planning and follow-up skills and ability to multi-task effectively
- A strong communicator and have good people interaction skills
About us and our teams
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
Please visit our company website for further information:
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.