- Identifying / Gathering / Questioning and challenging when necessary / documenting the FR (Functional Requirements) and NFR (NonFunctional Requirements) and interface specific requirements front to back.
- Provide solution design and lead the delivery working with onsite / offshore team members.
- Feasibility study, tools identification and completing the PoCs when required.
- Identifying golden sources of data in Standard Chartered Banks.
- Analysis of coverage hierarchies, model and map to functional and data entitlements.
- Collaborate with PO / BA and Developments leads in the team in identifying and developing common components.
People and Talent
- Familiar with SDF and Agile process methodologies.
- Study existing engineering processes and contribute to improvements to drive up efficiencies.
- Collaborate with teams globally to deliver, present ideas and innovate.
- Model behaviours that facilitate Agile delivery.
- Exhibit passion for client experience with a user-first mindset.
- Self-development as per technology changes.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Avoid security and operational risks in the project deliverables.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime Compliance The Right Environment].
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association.
- CCIB product owners, PSS, technology services teams, EA teams.
Our Ideal CandidateTechnical
- T&I deliverables as per squad backlog by product owners.
About Standard Chartered
- Strong analytical and problem solving.
- In depth experience in architecture and solution design.
- Hands-on in JSE and JEE specifications.
- Hands on experience in Design Patterns.
- Experience in Service Oriented, Microservices and Cloud native architecture implementations.
- Familiarity with No SQL, Graph Database.
- Exhibit hands-on on various NFRs-NonFunctionalRequirements implementation.
- Strong experience in common and reusable components / services development.
- Data Modelling, tuning of queries, Performance and Throughput measures.
- Integration using ESB / MOM / WS based technologies, data formats, payload and performance measures.
- Security Essentials, application vulnerabilities and remediation.
- Cloud computing technologies.
- Web services, API design, Defining Specification using swagger / RAML.
- Experience working with query plans and performance tuning of SQLs.
- Knowledge of microservices architecture.
- Good to have experience in containerization technologies - Docker, Kubernetes.
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website