The Role Responsibilities
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience with hands on technology, Java/J2EE/Oracle/ /Ember/Hibernate/Webservices/JSON API
- Understand user requirements and build solution architecture and be able to break it into high level & low-level design
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications and futuristic aspect.
- Technically hands on in software projects through all stages of the life cycle, including responsibility towards understanding and capturing requirements, design, development and acceptance testing
- Manage the interface teams from service spec understanding to implementation
- Debugging and resolving technical problems that arise.
- Sound knowledge on DevOps mechanisms and tools such as: Jenkins, Artifactory, Ansible.
- Perform coding / code review in line with existing architecture boundaries, use best practices and coding standards
- Responsible for meeting overall delivery schedules and ensuring the delivered solution meets the technical specifications and design requirements
- Co-ordinate with the teams to resolve issues (thru clarification, data fixes and program fixes following required process) in development & test environments
- Handing UAT calls and stake holders clarifications
- Support production rollouts and change implementations followed by successful UVT
- Conduct peer-reviews and lead reviews and provide feedback
- Run daily scrum meetings and track tasks via JIRA
- Provide accurate and detailed weekly task reports
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellentproject Tracking and Stake Holder management across different Streams.
Key StakeholdersOther Responsibilities
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime ComplianceThe Right Environment.] .
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Enterprise usage of Java/JEE
- Oracle DB Scripts
- Workflow based processing
- REST-full Web Services
- APIdevelopment and consumption
- Enterprise Data Management
- Real-time reporting frameworks
- Understanding on Architecture/Design patterns
- Hands onProject Management Tools Both Agile and Water Fall.
About Standard Chartered
- Core Java / JEE / JBoss EAP
- XML / XSLT
- Object-relational Mappers JPA/Hibernate
- The application of design patterns
- Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Relational database Oracle, Postgres
- Docker Containerization
- Shell scripting
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website