We are seeking talented and motivated individuals for the role of Full Stack Developer. Successful candidates will be experienced programmers who can develop user stories, develop test cases, break down, design, and develop solutions in an environment with constant collaborative discussions. They will be matured individuals who are comfortable working in an agile environment with critical peer reviews of design and code. They must be able to offer constructive critical reviews of other&rsquos designs and code. They must be able to collaboratively work with product owners to develop use stories and test cases. They will be able to research, trial, and recommend new technologies of interest to the group. They will have experience with taking code through testing, deployment, and production and will not have merely handed off code to QA and Production Support.
There is a digital revolution happening that is changing the future of banking - increasingly, Banking is Technology. Financial Services firms are becoming ever more defined by their technology and ability to use it to deliver outstanding customer experiences. Standard Chartered Information Technology & Operations (ITO) is looking for individuals interested in using innovative new products and modern technologies to deliver world class digital experiences for our clients and customers.
The Retail, Private Banking and Wealth Management ITO is accelerating transformation of agile banking services with DevOps and Agile practices, with an aim towards efficiency, automation, and improved transparency Delivery Sprint Teams will be at the core of delivering this agenda.
Delivery Sprint Teams will build and integrate components of the DevOps pipeline to deliver new banking capabilities, as well as refactoring of existing applications. Sprint teams will all be experienced programmers, operations people and product owners who can develop and drive their capability development end-to-end. Breadth across both programming and system operations is required of all candidates and depth must be demonstrated in their specialization this is a cross-functional team with cross over between development and operations with business.
About Standard Chartered
- Candidate should have hands-on experience in Spring boot and API development.
- Strong knowledge in Agile Development (exp in CI/CD/TDD/BDD, SCRUM, KanBan etc)
- Min 12 years experience Software development and min 6 yrs in team Management & project management.
- Experience with leveraging advanced features and tools in Atlassian software suite
- Passion and flair for technology, at home with team-oriented, collaborative and consultative environment
- Proven skills in co-ordination, staff management and leadership working with vendors and internal teams
- Strong knowledge of risk and regulatory delivery
- Knowledge of all aspects of software design and development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Should have a good analytical skills .
- Ready to work on both development and project management.
- Contribute to creation of standards & frameworks for the project
- Should have the capability to handle more than one project at a same time.
- Prepare architecting solutions document, technical audits for the project
- Prepare High/Low level technical design document.
- Learn and understand relevant application functional & technical architecture and use the same effectively during development
- Follow documented SDLC life cycle as per quality management standards
- Participate in Requirement gathering and solution meetings
- Track overall development and project management
- Support developers by providing technical assistance and improve technical competency levels amongst team members
- Design modules based on Technical specs.
- Implement best practices
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website