Group Company: Quick Heal Technologies Ltd
Designation: Tech Lead (QH_DES_040), Tech Lead (QH_DES_321), Technical Lead (QH_DES_365), Technical Lead (QH_DES_383), Technical Lead (QH_DES_403), Technical Lead (QH_DES_512)
Position description: A Technical Lead is a software engineer, responsible for technically leading a development team, and responsible for the quality of its technical deliverables.
- Individual Contributor and hands on Design & Architect:
- Should be able to deliver to his/ her capabilities individually
- Also should ensure the technical quality to the deliverables coming out of the team he/she is leading
- Should ensure NFR are taken care in the solution such as the scalability, extendibility, suntainibility, etc.
- A Technical Lead creates designs or reviews peers design for assigned Projects
- Technical Lead owns technological solutions to implement designs for the Project / Product.
- Works with delivery teams to develop solutions.
- Technical Debt Management: Technical Lead must manage the technical debt in effective ways to ensure it doesn't accumulate to the point where the only thing the team is doing is servicing debt and not
- Mentor/ leadership : Technical Lead should aim to technically groom and mentor the developers on their team, provide feedback on their work frequently, and encourage and promote best engineering pract
- Technical Lead should work to broaden the technical capabilities of their team by delegating problems of increasing complexity, and pair programming with the developers regularly to provide technical
- Ensures team follows development processes, standard guidelines or best practices or suggests improvements to the processes
- Helps to remove teams Technological obstacles.
- Mentor junior resources and share your knowledge to refine best practices followed by team.
- Collaboration: Technical Lead need to collaborate with different business functions in order get what your team needs to move forward, which may include interaction with PMO,PO etc.
- Technical Lead must think ahead, anticipates risks, look at big picture and addresses them before they become a bottleneck for the team. Communicate every aspect of work clearly and effectively
- Task management, Estimation and Planning: Technical Lead must actively participate in task analysis, planning, tracking and fair task management amongst the team.
- He/She must recommend work assignment in a fair way to help every team member gain valuable tech knowledge on every aspect of work and reduce bottle neck.
- Helps architects in estimation / planning by covering technical aspects for the Project.
- Do analysis and estimation of tasks assigned with minimum deviation.
- Tech Awareness: Technical Lead must be aware of new technologies and trends and should be open to adapt and learn those.
- Especially technologies around the sw he/she is working on.
- IDE & Tools: Posseses good understanding about IDE, Tools, Repositotries / Version Control, Review, Sonar, Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, etc as applicable
- Handling Technical Debts and Technical Standards of all the modules/ projects. Mentor other to create the next level
- Works and interacts across multi country/ cultures, but not a responsibility by definition.
1. Leadership skills
2. Technical Capabilities
3. Strong Communicator
Functional Competencies Proficiency
1 Security Domain knowledge will be plus point 2
2 Has basic Domain Knowledge of the area of the Product Development. 2
3 Knowledge of perfomance testing and vulnarability 2 Required Knowledge:
7 - 10 years experience in SW development with proven record of dealing with technology (E.g. Java , C++ etc)
Should be able to design or architect solution which is scalable , extendable and sustainable.
Should be aware of Security standards in coding