Everyone communicates. It's the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network-our passion.
Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from
busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers-we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world's most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity
The Company - CommScope
CommScope's Networking, Indoor Cellular & Security Solutions (NICS) segment incorporates Ruckus Network's, which focuses on enabling wireless and wired connectivity across complex and varied networks. It offers dedicated engineering and Customer Service and Support resources to our customers across a spectrum of verticals including - hospitality, education, smart cities, government, venues, service providers and more.
Team: TAC Teams at Ruckus Wireless
- Internal: TAC Managers, TAC Senior Manager, Cross-functional Support Teams, EET Team and Sales teams
- External: Customers, Partners and VARs
:Staff Technical Support Engineer,
working in a fast-paced environment, the Staff Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for providing mostly for cases that are escalated by either by the customer / TSE or Senior TSE for various technologies in Ruckus Wireless products to our Enterprise customers.
[Key Operational Responsibilities
- Be the first Escalation point of contact for the customer and/or for the TAC TSEs
- Should posses the ability to manage critical (p1) cases soon after the training in Ruckus Products
- Demonstrate the ability to work with Escalation team and/or engineering teams to manage escalated cases
- Demonstrate mentorship ability by working with the TSE and Snr TSE on their backlog. Provide feedback of their performance to managers.
- Work closely with SE teams internally on larger networks and more complex issues
- Identify customer problems/issues and assist customer to resolve issues while consistently providing great Customer Experience
- Work on complex problems where analysis of situations requires in-depth fault analysis and troubleshooting skills
- Identify and reproduce customer technical problems in a test/lab environment
- Work on day-day tickets, follow-up with clients, provide feedback and see problems through to resolution
- Ensure proper case documentation and closure
- Generate clear and concise documentation in the form of case notes, technical tips and white papers
- Contribute to the knowledge base by creating KB articles
- Notify and discuss with Staff or Principal Engineers on calls and emails that require assistance.
- Timely handoff (escalation) of cases that require advanced technical investigation by the LTE Team
- Suggest improvements on product quality / features and be proactive in development of product
- Manage customer expectation and make sure customer is receiving highest quality of service
- Document customer issues for future reference and build knowledge base of the solutions given to the customer
- Actively participate in trainings and improve product and process knowledge
- New hire training and OJT responsibilities is part of the role
- Understand the SLA's and work/align style of working towards meeting them
- Participate in forums and Tektalk exchanges
- KRAs include:
- Active Backlog
- Aged Backlog
- Time to Resolve and Time to Close
- Escalation %
- KB Contribution
- B.Sc. or B.E degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 6-8 years of customer support experience in IP networks, WiFi or related environment.
- Wireless networking experience is mandatory.
- Working experience in TAC as level 2 engineer is mandatory.
- CWNA / CCNA is a mandatory
- CWNP (Or equivalent) is an advantage
Technical skills & Knowledge
- Customer Focus
- Drive for results
- Team Player
- Coaching and Feedback
General knowledge in the following areas
- Good understanding of TCP/IP, IGMP, switching and Routing (Layer 2 & 3 communication), internet protocols including DNS, DHCP, SMTP, VLAN etc.
- CCNA / CWNA - Must or higher knowledge, CWSP would be a Plus
- Good exposure and working experience with 802.11a/b/g/i standards and knowledge of 802.11n
- A good understanding of WLAN Security in the areas of authentication, encryption, RADIUS, AAA authentication, EAP, PSK, etc.
- knowledge on deploying, configuring, supporting, troubleshooting, debugging and administering the following Wireless LAN products and technologies:
- Wireless Access Points
- Wireless Client Associations
- Wireless Controllers
- A very good understanding of RF transmissions & antenna behavior
- knowledge on WLAN Security in the areas of authentication, encryption, RADIUS, AAA authentication, EAP, PSK, etc.
- Hands on experience on protocol analyzers tools such as Wireshark, Ethereal
- Ruckus Wireless Products
- Ethernet switching
- Routing and Data Centers
- Wifi solutions, Multi-tenant solutions, Hotspot services
Other Abilities required
- Wireless industry and competing products
- Competitor Switching Products
- TCP/IP, WAN/LAN
- IOT Solutions
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to understand and analyze customer issues along with good troubleshooting skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with clients and peers
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Excellent inter-personal and teamwork skills
- Self-driven, proactive, hardworking, team-player
- Encourages and accepts feedback
- Exposure of handling international customers
- Monday through Friday and weekend or overnight hours as required.
Why CommScope and Ruckus
- As required for NPI, PLM interactions etc.,
CommScope is pushing the boundaries of communications technology. For more than 40 years, we've been leaders in innovating 5G, private networks and Gigabit speeds everywhere - we're always anticipating what's next. Developments such as the Internet of Things, magnificent connectivity, Cloud and 5G introduce new requirements and demand creative thinking. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber, and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
Ruckus is a Business Unit within CommScope, passionate about delivering groundbreaking solutions to build a smarter, simpler, more connected world. At the heart of global connectivity are the engineers who write innovative software for our award-winning routing and switching products to bring the information quickly and effectively where needed. We are a pioneer in the wireless infrastructure market, enabling carriers and enterprises to stay ahead of the exploding demand for high-bandwidth applications and services Our Ruckus Smart Wi-Fi, LTE, and Switching technology redefines what's possible in wireless network performance with flexibility, reliability, and affordability.
Commscope is an Equal Opportunity Employer.7216172161