Job Description Summary
GE Research Digital Technology is looking for talented web application developers like you to join their team. If you enjoy building amazing customer experiences and like to make difficult things look easy this is the opportunity for you. This role is responsible for programming a component, feature and or feature set, work independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other functions in GE Research DT.Job Description
- Be responsible for developing and enhancing different features and components for web-based applications.
- Be responsible for providing technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure
- Provide technical leadership to an agile team of 5-7
- Coach, mentor and lead the team
- Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
- Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
- Understand performance parameters and assess application performance
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in STEM Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) A minimum of 7 years of professional experience in (include technical skill) OR Master's degree with 5 years of experience Technical Expertise:
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis, Architecture and Design, Software Design Patterns and Java coding principles
- Committed to TDD methodology and XP programming techniques
- Hands-on Experience with developing web applications (Java, Spring Core, Spring MVC, Spring Security).
- Hands On experience with developing RESTful Java WebServices/MicroServices (Spring Boot) using Oracle, MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- Experience with modern tooling (Git, GitHub, Maven).
- Knowledge or experience of running applications in a cloud based platform like Cloud Foundry is a big plus.
- Experience with Windows and Unix / Linux based programming, deployment.
- Business Acumen:
- Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
- Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
- Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry trends
- Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices
- Ability to takes ownership of small and medium d tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members
- Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility & Strong problem solving abilities, excellent oral and written communication
- Able to work under minimal supervision. High energy, results driven person with strong interpersonal skills
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.