Job Description :
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company, Earth's best employer, and Earth's safest place to work. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, Amazon Web Services, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Career Choice, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, Alexa, Just Walk Out technology, Amazon Studios, and The Climate Pledge are some of the things pioneered by Amazon.
Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
We seek top talent from all industries and a range of backgrounds to join our offices and operations centers around the world. People who succeed at Amazon have something in common-they are customer-centric, they are leaders and they are innovators.
About Amazon Development Centers India:
Amazon Development Center India (ADCI) started in Bangalore in 2004 followed by centers in Hyderabad, Chennai, Delhi, Mumbai, Pune and Coimbatore. The vision was to identify the top talent in India to drive our global business vision. Today, ADCI builds, supports, tests and manages technology, products & services which support millions of Amazon customers worldwide.
This is a home office position - Role can be performed from anywhere within Hyderabad or Bangalore.
Join Amazon's HR team and help make a difference for all Amazonians! We are recruiting for an Employee Lifecycle Services Associate based out of the locations specified above. This position specializes in processing unemployment claims for U.S.-based Amazon employees which is part of Leaving Amazon journey. We partner with cross-functional teams like Legal, HR, Benefits, Recruiting, and Payroll to provide complete, accurate, and timely information on State's request for information. This helps Amazonians to receive timely determination from states about their unemployment benefits.
Key job responsibilities
- Respond to the state's request by providing timely and accurate information
- Respond to request raised by the employee or on behalf of employees, managers, and HR Business Partners
- Perform extensive research on the request
- Verify the data and perform data entry. Look for variances, anomalies and discrepancies in data for further analysis
- Ensure utmost quality and timeliness of deliverables to meet customer expectations
- Escalate when required
- Strive to improve efficiency and effectiveness of existing systems and look for enhancements
- Maintain confidentiality of employee information and adhere to data confidentiality requirements
- Exercise high judgment to act, at all times and in all ways, in the best interests of Amazon.com while performing the job duties.
A day in the life
- Perform unemployment related transactions for U.S. based Amazonian
- Responds to US state's requests for information when Amazonians file claims for unemployment insurance benefits.
- Coordinate with site HR partners when needed
- Provide wages inputs to the respective states as per the requirements outlined in the document
- Follow the escalate protocol when required
About the team
Join that team that is open to mentor you! We in Unemployment team, believe in identifying the right talents, develop and enable them to deliver results. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. In Unemployment team, you will get the opportunity to collaborate with the broader HR organization while performing your day-to-day operations. The process requires due diligence to meet all compliance requirements and business needs. You will act as a Subject Matter Expert for the team to provide guidance, training and resolution related to the process, when needed. You will act as a liaison between the States and the HR Business partner.
Basic Qualifications :
- 2-3 years of overall experience in Research and Analysis, Content development, or HR Generalist role
- Proficiency in English language is a must
- A suitable candidate will posses excellent judgment, and highly-developed analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Exposure to MS Office such as Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is mandatory
- Bachelor's degree or advanced college education in a related field (English Literature, Human Resources, Journalism, Business Administration, Psychology, Industrial Engineering)
- Superior attention to details and ability to prioritize the daily tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Able to dive deep into problems and recommend solutions that are scalable and sustainable
- Flexible to support in 24/7 work schedule
Preferred Qualifications :
- 4years of overall experience with atleast 2-3 years of overall experience in Research and Analysis, Content development, or HR Generalist role
- Proficiency in English language is a must
- Exceptional attention to details with the ability to comprehend the information
- Exposed to problem solving techniques
- Ability to troubleshoot issues independently or escalate when required
- Ability to prioritize work and responsibilities in a fast-paced environment