- Imbibe engineering mindset
- Provide inputs to fellow team members and aid in peer reviews and collaboration
- Foster engineering mindset among the people and develop talent within the team
- Follow the bank&rsquos cloud strategy within your programs/projects
- Work on areas like design, databases, API strategies, Microservices led Architecture as part of Engineering stream
- Understand the bank priorities on the strategic initiatives and on the new programs planned further.
- Adhere to Vx principles and guidelines on all the deliveries and related initiatives.
- Follow ICS guidelines.
- Be aware of SDF and TDA rules.
Must be aware of the Group&rsquos regulatory framework and is expected to adhere based on the role.
Must understand the oversight and controls related to Business Unit, Job Function and deliver.Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association
- CLDM ITO, CLDM Business, Interfacing systems to CLDM (CCIB Business Unit)
Our Ideal CandidateStandard Job Requirements
- Work on all CCIB CLDM Objectives
Technical CompetenceMust Have
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and frameworks
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good understanding of software development lifecycle using Agile/Waterfall models
- Good knowledge on object-oriented analysis and design
- Understanding on source control, versioning, branching etc.
- Good understanding of fundamental design principles and coding standards
- Ability to build extensible and scalable solutions
- Good knowledge in DevOps, CI-CD
Good to HaveExperience in collaborating with product, engineering, and management functions
- Experience in building large scale applications using ReactJS or EmberJS
- Experience in application integration using Web Services (REST/GraphQL)
- Experience in writing unit tests using Jest with Enzyme or React Testing Library
- Experience in using CSS processors like Sass, Less, etc
- Good understanding in Nodejs and package managers (npm/yarn)
- Good knowledge of web standards, security, accessibility, and browser compatibility
- Understanding of continuous build concept with GIT, Jenkins, SonarQube or other related tools
- Knowledge of Linux commands
- Knowledge in configuring and maintaining HTTP servers (Apache HTTP/NGINX)
- Quickly learn and adapt to new tools, technologies, and frameworks related to UI/UX
Developing and maintaining style guide documents
Knowledge on Container based deployments, Kubernetes
Knowledge on Cloud infrastructure
Presenting ideas, concepts, and solutions to relevant stakeholdersDomain: Best to Have
Training, Qualifications and Certifications
- Experience in UI design for applications in Client Due Diligence (CDD), On-boarding, FATCA & CRS, AML, KYC, and Screening space
About Standard Chartered
- Training/qualifications and Certifications in some of the functional and/or technical domains as mentioned will be an added advantage
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website