About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
Recruitment assessments -
Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do.
Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well.
Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term.
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations.
Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along withminimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum.
Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns.
Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits.
A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning.
Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.Role Responsibilities
Supply Chain Management (SCM) is responsible for the full lifecycle management of the commercial relationship with its external third-party vendors. To meet increasing business and efficiency, the SCM team is looking for a candidate with strong experience in Vendor Management and the gravitas to engage stakeholders within SCB business function to support key priorities. The successful candidate will be responsible for influencing and executing Vendor Management activities in collaboration with various business function and related support teams.Strategy
- Liaise with the business functions leads to produce a needs assessment that is aligned to their business plans.
- Feeds into the category management strategy that focuses on vendor performance as it relates to efficient and effective delivery of contracted products and services.
- Performs the role within the operating model.
- Execute sourcing strategies to ensure continuity of cost-effectiveness and quality of supply.
- Guides Business Stakeholders through vendor management decision-making processes.
- Ensure the intrinsic business value of the SCM Vendor Management Framework is communicated and understood by the business.
- Provides guidance on SCM process, systems, policy and procedure.
- Assist stakeholders in achieving their strategic objectives through careful management of relevant vendor relationships to fulfil their needs.
Cross Functional Engagement
- Identifies and mitigates risks that would impact the overall project success/failure.
- Ensures projects are prioritized and delivered against agreed timelines.
- Supports, leads and executes vendor management initiatives.
- Implements regular vendor lifecycle workflow reviews to ensure all stakeholder requests are being owned.
- Maintains thought leading relationships with business stakeholders and key vendor service owners to ensure that service improvement opportunities are communicated effectively and consistently.
- Work in a highly effective Supply Chain Management (SCM) team that will deliver vendor management that exceed stakeholder and client expectation.
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives.
- Assist in effective governance and controls for supplier risk management across the bank, manage the vendor and contract management framework in the region.
- Supports the business functional vendor management teams in day 2 supplier matters.
- Operate in compliance with mandated sourcing processes, policies and procedures.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Key stakeholder interactions are Global Business / Function Heads.
- SCM regional teams Regional Heads, Regional Category Managers, In country sourcing managers.
- Cross functional teams during category management development and during strategic sourcing events. This includes, but not limited to, Business stakeholders, Legal, Compliance, Tax and Finance.
Our Ideal CandidateAcademic/ Professional Qualifications
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Group/Country Stakeholder to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime Compliance The Right Environment. .
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- At least a Degree in Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, Economics or Business Administration.
- Fluent in English.
- Vietnamese/Thai/Korean Language Skill is a significant advantage.
Specialized knowledge or skills required
- At least 4-6 years working experience in Vendor Management.
- Previous experience of working within the Financial Services or technology sector is an advantage.
- Relevant experience in stakeholder management (i.e., practices, leadership, effectiveness).
- Able to use ERP systems such as SAP, Ariba and Microsoft Office Excel.
- Good working knowledge of contracts & familiar with legal agreements.
- Advanced commercial knowledge in Vendor Management.
- Advanced business management skills including stakeholder management, commercial judgment and process improvement.
Visit our careers website