Our Ideal Candidate
- Maintain Financial reporting integrity and review all data included in the financial reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Manage the team of 4 to 5 team member.
- Prepare / maintain supporting documentation for financial statements and related footnotes and maintain standard list of accounting and reporting reviews for pre-quarter close.
- Maintain list of business and accounting events prior to balance sheet date for support during business review of IFRS schedules.
- Conduct reviews on critical processes such as head office expenses, cross-border recharges, hedge accounting, derivatives and related processes.
- Perform trial balance and general ledger reviews to confirm appropriate accounting and statement in books based on the above lists.
- Engage with Data Quality and Assurance team for data reviews and confirmation on posting journals for appropriate rectification and adjustments to ledger data.
- Engage with IFRS reporting team to ensure that reporting actions based on past-quarters group queries have been completed and do not recur.
- Perform quarterly analysis of movements in balances, variance and identify business reasons.
- Working closely with stakeholders across Country finance, Business finance and Group Finance teams and manage expectations.
- Complying with all governance requirements Process metrics review, Service review calls, BCP.
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors to provide timely information and support.
- Building a strong functional and business knowledge in the teams.
- Engage and collaborate with Country and Group teams for process, knowledge and change management.
- Contribute effectively as GBS and GFS Extended Leadership Team for any initiatives as necessary.
About Standard Chartered
- Qualified Accountant is a must CA , CPA or CIMA (UK).
- 1 3 years post qualification relevant work experience in a Financial Reporting role preferably in a Financial services industry with specific experience in performing analytical reviews of legal entity / statutory reporting (schedules and data) with business in focus.
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website