About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.Role ResponsibilitiesStrategy
- Exhibit qualities which demonstrate the group&rsquos strategy.
- To treat Customer&rsquos with Human touch and understand the importance at every business stage.
- To support strategic intent, on the growth of business, cross functional advantage and work on cost efficiency.
- To establish and maintain a close working relationship with the customers to ensure prompt and effective responses to the various business requirements, queries and requests from them.
- To be aware of the business targets and ensure compliance.
- To own the business transactions of Clients and ensure completion at all levels/stages on a sustained basis.
People and Talent
- To ensure that all documents are accurately processed in compliance with statutory regulatory and internal operational instructions.
- Processing deals as per the Departmental Operating Instructions manual, customer&rsquos instructions and within the Timeliness and accuracy standards specified.
- To ensure transactions are handled basis the criticality, criteria specified on a sustained basis.
- Continuous Improvement in Productivity to the standards prescribed for the Processes from time to time.
- Comply with Group Money Laundering Prevention Policy and Procedures to the extent applicable and reporting all suspicious Transactions to the Line Manager.
- To ensure perfect planning for the day/week.
- To ensure leaves are well planned with NIL impact to service delivery to Clients.
- To ensure good rapport is maintained with peers, superiors in the team.
- Upholding the Values of the Group and Company at all times.
- Compliance with all applicable Rules/ Regulations and Company and Group Policies.
- To identify risk on a continual basis and derive mitigants on a sustained basis.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Comply with Group Sanctions Policy and Procedures.
- Comply with Local Sanctions Policy and Procedures, if any.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Trade Operations Team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime Compliance The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- To effectively manage key stakeholders, Country Offices, Regulators, Peers, Subordinates.
- To identify and highlight Continuous Improvement initiatives in simplifying the processes, procedures.
- To identify & highlight standardization opportunities.
- To actively participate in the C3 initiatives.
- To enthusiastically participate in the Quality initiatives of the organization and achieve expected results in the work place.
Visit our careers website