About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.Role Responsibilities
Finance is a critical function within Standard Chartered Bank. The Finance Portfolio governance team is made up of QPR coordinator and Central PMOs , who are accountable for the governance of all projects with Finance portfolio with adherence to Enterprise Change management( ECM) and New ways of Working standards( NWOWS). This role is for an experienced PMO to manage and execute portfolio governance with excellent quality in accordance to NWOWS.Strategy
- Good understanding of the Bank&rsquos vision and strategy appropriate to the role
- Good understanding of the finance function and organizational structure and the target operating model
- Thorough understanding of the Bank Project Management framework and the key focus areas.
- Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates.
- To contribute in the best way possible to imbibe and inculcate tools and processes around SCB project management framework.
- Excellent Understanding on Project Governance Policy and Project Management Standards by active partnership with the ePMO and other senior stakeholders.
- Identifying, defining, developing, and implementing improvements to Portfolio reporting and monitoring processes.
- Ensure data in Clarity is accurate across the portfolio and working with Programme/ project PMO to address data quality issues.
- Identify and deliver actions to improve the quality of deliverables based on monitoring and reporting activities and management information.
- Develop good quality templates which aid in the project management framework adherence.
- Support Portfolio and executive reporting needs with quality Steerco/other meetings materials / deliverables.
- Stakeholder Management - establish working relationships with key stakeholder across the portfolio.
- Ensure that projects are in compliance with checks and controls around the Go Live Milestones.
- Implement compliance and controls set by the ePMO.
- Identify, lead and on time delivery of Initiatives to standardize and simplify processes.
- Production of accurate and quality materials for Scorecards , Weekly reports ,Steerco and other meetings materials and deliverables.
- Upkeep of Portfolio document repository and artifacts.
- Proficient in MS Office /Confluence/ Jira/ Clarity.
- Ability to communicate effectively and comfortably with different levels of seniority across the organisation.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of my role. Understand and comply with applicable laws and regulations, the Groups policies, procedures and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters. Contribute to a culture in which all stakeholders feel safe to raise concerns and where risk and compliance matters are addressed and misconduct appropriately dealt with.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the PMO team to outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime Compliance The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance.
- Discipline & Follow-up tenacity.
- Analytical and Problem Solving.
- Excellent Written & Spoken English.
- Adept at accurately summarizing, categorising, spotting trends in numbers.
- High levels of personal accountability and proactive initiative taking, together with a pragmatic, customer-focused approach.
- Outcome focussed with excellent problem-solving abilities whilst exercising good judgement.
Visit our careers website