About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.The Role Responsibilities
The Group Chief Information Security Officer (CISRO) organisation is instrumental in protecting and ensuring the resilience of Standard Chartered Bank&rsquos data and IT systems by managing information and cyber security (ICS) risk across the enterprise. As a critical function reporting into the Group Chief Risk Officer (CRO), the Group CISRO team serves as the second line of defence for assuring ICS controls are implemented effectively, in accordance with the ICS Risk Framework, and for instilling a culture of cyber security within the Bank. The Group CISRO is responsible for ICS governance, strategy, policy, awareness, training, risk assessments, cyber stress testing, third party security risk, industry partnerships, and regulatory engagement. The Group CISRO is central to ensuring the Bank&rsquos ability to meet its ICS commitments to internal and external stakeholders, including regulators, as well as maintaining an acceptable ICS risk profile that is regularly reported to the Board. Group CISRO Vision
&ldquoA Best in Class ICS risk function, continuously increasing ICS resilience and promoting client trust and stakeholder confidenceStrategy
- ICS Oversight, Challenge and Governance
- Driving ICS Thought Leadership
- Building Internal and External Partnerships
- Innovation and Growth
- Provide ongoing reporting of deliverables (outcomes and recommendations) and schedule to key stakeholders in a timely manner. Timely escalation and reporting of issues to ensure that expectation management across the organisation is proactively carried out.
- Develop knowledge base of ICS technical controls
People & Talent
- Support the Head of Assurance to design and implement the ICS testing methodology and ensure that the ICS testing deliverables meets the quality standards set out in the methodology.
- Contribute to development of knowledge base of technical and operational controls for ICS assurance and attestation purpose
- Establish constructive relationships with key stakeholders.
- Actively participate in team&rsquos lessons learned or experience sharing sessions
- Contribute to the team to ensure that all activities are in line with and support of the ICS principal risk type under the Bank&rsquos ERMF
- Contribute to ICS indicator analysis to proactively identify technical problem areas
- Contribute to the establishment of technical expertise/ knowledge base for operating control assessment
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Ensure compliance with relevant operational risk controls.
- Support the Global Head of Assurance and Testing to set up the annual plan and manage the execution of the plan to achieve the target on quality, timeline and budget.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Group CISRO team.
- Group STS team.
- Global Head Technology Services Core Management.
- Head, Information Security Officers.
- Head, ICS Governance, Risk and Policy.
- Key Business Stakeholders including: All CIOs Business and Function COOs.
- Head, Audit Information Security & Cyber.
- Head Operational Risk Information Security & Cyber.
- Group Risk and Compliance
The Information & Cyber Security (ICS) Assurance Manager is a permanent role with the following responsibilities:
- Primarily responsible to effectively lead/perform ICS assurance activities
- Identify gaps and recommend improvements to Bank&rsquos ICS controls
- Plan and perform risk-based assessments on ICS domains
- Contribute in the overall assurance plan as well as continuous review and improvements
- Supports the review of regulatory submissions on cyber security requirements
- Proven experience in cyber security testing/assessment, penetration testing, cyber security operations, cyber security audit or information security governance.
- Thorough understanding of IT security business processes, risks, threats and internal controls.
- Experience working in or with the financial services industry with keen understanding of business and operational environments. In-depth knowledge of payment security e.g. PCI DSS, SWIFT.
- Strong knowledge of the cyber security threat landscape, businesses, markets and risk framework.
- Good understanding of global legal, regulatory and industry regulations, frameworks and standards and the ability to adapt to the changes accordingly.
- Able to communicate complex ICS risks/issues precisely and effectively.
- Able to construct recommendations in a factual and persuasive manner. Excellent communication skills in both written and oral form.
- Ability to empathise and collaborate with stakeholders across functions and at all levels of experience
- Ability to look beyond individual issues to identify broader themes with wider-reach impact
- Ability to both assess strategic priorities and to focus on detailed aspects of a function to drive effective delivery.
- A big-picture thinker who is detail-oriented
- Able to lead, guide, motivate team to meet goals and objectives
- Comfortable with &ldquoblank sheet of paper assignments&rdquo.
Visit our careers website