To assist CCIB capital management function in monthly capital process, MIS Reporting, Analytics, projects and Resolving Data quality issues impacting RWA.
About Team: CCIB capital Management
CCIB Capital management is part if CCIB finance FP&A team focusing on RWA and Balance sheet of CCIB business that includes lending, Transaction banking and Financial market.
CCIB Capital management team provides Advisory, Analytics, Review, Governance and Control of the capital requirement (i.e Credit Risk, Market Risk and Operational Risk RWA) for CCIB business.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Preparation, Review, analysis and proposing adjustments for monthly RWA process for CCIB business.
- Support monthly RWA process by creating and running a process to identify gaps and advice necessary corrective actions
- Design and provide timely, accurate and quality MIS information to senior management.
- Interrogate and remediate the issues on RWA. This includes engagement across various teams (Risk/Operations/Finance etc), maintaining log and monitoring the progress.
- Prepare forecast RWA for FM business and identify areas for accuracy and improvement.
- Participate in user acceptance testing/Business requirement for enhancements in financial market risk reporting framework.
- Good understanding of Basel regulations, specifically Credit Risk RWA for Financial market, preferable UK regulators (PRA) guidelines. Basic understanding of MRWA and ORWA will be required
- Preparation and Maintenance of RWA dashboard and reports.
- Engaging product controllers and providing information on queries related to RWA.
- Identify and take steps for resolution of data quality issues impacting RWA.
- Engaging business and other finance stakeholders and resolving queries related to RWA. Provide information and replies to business on ad hoc request for MIS reports and RWA related queries.
- Partner with senior leaders to drive and deliver on capital management reporting and analytics though high-quality MI and stakeholder engagement
- Driving process improvement, efficiency and resolving core business issues in the team.
- Finance Business Partner for the business/ functions with focus on improving and manage business financials.
- Review various financial processes done by other GPO teams, ensure that the quality is not compromised and be on top of all financial activities end to end - Budgeting, Planning & Forecasting, Management reporting, Financial Analysis, Variance Analysis, Headcount reporting, Efficiency tracking, Accounting & Closing and other FP&A activities.
- Understanding the financial processes end to end and quick in understanding the ad hoc requirements with ensuring quality and TAT of the output.
- Stakeholder management and escalation handling.
- Continuously reviewing all processes in order to identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Working with the other team leaders and across the Global Financial Service functions to ensure co-operation and smooth operations.
- Continuous improvement in Productivity to drive the efficiencies in the team.
- Upholding the Values of the Group and Company at all times.
- Compliance with all applicable Rules/ Regulations and Company and Group Policies.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association
Our Ideal Candidate
- GFS counterparts
- Functional Coordinators
- Country Finance teams
About Standard Chartered
- Strong academic record at bachelor or master degree level in business, economics, finance, financial engineering or related field from a well-recognized institution
- Business Finance and Risk management experience of at least 3-5 years in the banking or financial services industry
- Effective communication skills, including presenting and influencing senior management.
- Strong understanding of financial market products.
- Very good presentation skills, mainly in power point and also good working knowledge of Excel and other MS office products.
- Good data warehouse knowledge of financial market products
- Proven analytical abilities, and used to work in complex global commercial business operations
- Proven ability to interact with multiple functions / levels and to coordinate deliverables from various inputs under tight deadlines
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing business models and multi facet business views.
- Results orientated & able to work under tight timeline & pressure
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good interpersonal skills and strong cross-cultural awareness
- Relationship and stakeholder management skills are important.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to improve quality & efficiency of work
- Initiative and proactive thinking
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website