About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
People and Talent
- Handle a team that is responsible for processing intercompany revenue recharges journals on a monthly
- Monitor the settleable balances and any thing going beyond 90 days to be followed up and proper escalation protocol to be followed where required
- Ensure all SLAs are met and the team adheres to 100% Quality for all processes.
- Identify opportunities for value add or automation of routine/ manual process and thereby reduce the non-value adds in the process.
- Perform process risk analysis to identify the gaps in the existing process.
- Ensure that the team captures appropriate metrics for tracking actual hours/ standard hours/ Errors etc.
- Support various GFS initiatives across various pillars i.e. people/ process/ Cost/ social responsibility etc.
- Ensure robust documentation of all processes and review the same once in 6 months.
- People management of 3-5 members
- Implement Knowledge Management initiatives through trainings, workshops to build domain capabilities required for the job
- Keep the team highly motivated to deliver high quality results
- Self motivated and able to work independently and to proactively seek guidance from others as needed.
- Strong team player and has the capacity to build good working relationships with cross functional / geographical teams.
- Positive outlook and a desire to stretch themselves to achieve both personal and functional success.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- To be aware of accounting policy/interco standards as it prescribes the process and in case of any breaks/outstanding balances, the timely action required. So the employee should adhere to that policy in terms of highlighting such issues as risk in the right forums.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Leadto achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association
Our Ideal Candidate
- To coordinate and liaise with Internal and Onshore
- Preferably Chartered accountant / ICMA or Commerce Graduate
- 15+ years work experience in Financial Accounting, Reporting and a reasonably good, technical Accounting experience.
- Have a sound knowledge on the off-shoring model preferably with a financial services background.
- Knowledge of Finance policies, procedures and processes and how to deliver and support managers in effectively managing their teams
Visit our careers website