Atkins, a member of SNC Lavalin Organization, is one of the world's leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment. You might know us for the great work we do across our wide variety of projects. We're proud to say it's thanks to our people's diversity of thought, expertise and knowledge. We offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India and around the world. And when you join us, you'll be a part of this genuinely collaborative environment, where everyone's voice is valued and treated equally.
We are looking for Senior Group Engineer - Structures-(Staadpro,Robot) to join our team. This role will be based at our Atkins office in Bangalore, India.
How will you contribute to the team
- Bachelors in Civil Engineering from a reputed University with Masters in Structural Engineering from a Reputed University
- Preference will be given to Chartered Engineer with a recognised engineering institution, or in a position to submit chartership application imminently.
What will you contribute
- Candidate should have minimum 15 years of experience as a Structural Design Engineer with minimum 5 years of experience of working as a Structural Lead on Metro Projects consisting of Elevated Stations, Shallow Under Ground Stations, Deep Under Ground Stations and Depots. Candidates who have handled major international projects will be preferred.
- Ideally the candidate should have good UK experience of Rail infrastructure project design delivery.
- Candidate shall be highly motivated, and preference will be given to those who have delivered major international projects.
- Candidates should have excellent knowledge of Pre-stressed concrete structures, Composite structures, Reinforced Concrete Structures and Structural Steel Structures.
- Conversant with UK Rail Standard (Network Rail), Eurocodes and American codes
- Responsible for managing large team of Structural Engineers, BIMs, and CADs.
- Applies broad technical experience and knowledge and able to check/critically review work of all those in the project team.
- Able to prepare resource requirements for projects
- Fully proficient in structural analysis and design of variety of structures and able to review deliverables for the project.
- Thorough understanding of international Railway standards, International codes of practice, Health and safety legislation.
- Able to co-ordinate with multi-disciplines
- Acceptance of the responsibility for the work carried out by the team reporting to him.
- Competence with engineering software such as Staad Pro, Robot, SAP, SAFE, ETABS, PROKON etc.
- Proficiency in developing schematic designs and detailed designs for small to large scale projects.
- Carry out checks & review on the work carried out by structural engineers and AutoCAD technicians working in his team.
- Ensure effective communication and coordination on assigned tasks between all disciplines.
- Ensure designs meet Clients requirements and compliance with relevant Codes of Practice.
- Responsible for compliance with SNCL QA/QC procedures and implementation of procedures.
- Should assist in development of staff skills
- Keep abreast of latest trends and technologies in the Industry.
- Flexible working attitude and availability to work outside normal working hours whenever required.
- Maintains and builds healthy client relationships.
Proactively resolves performance, scope and schedule issues with the Client as they arise.
Identifies, documents and communicates as required to meet the Client's requirements.
- Compliance with requirements of the contract.
Effective change control process application and monitoring of resources against budget.
Project Management, Monitoring & Reporting
- Focuses team on achievement of delivery milestones and other key project objectives.
Listens to the team, discusses the issues, resolves problems and directs activities to remove roadblocks and achieve objectives.
- Sets clear objectives to the design team, including achieving productivity and budget targets.
Ensures design team aware of, and complies with, applicable regulations and codes.
Manages inter-discipline interfaces effectively.
What we offer at Atkins
- Provides the effective monitoring and regular reporting of design activity progress to the Rail Delivery Manager. Preparation of design delivery and change process applications. Subsequent monitoring/control of design delivery to budgets.
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
Why work for Atkins
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various s.
- Competitive salary.
- Group Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities.
Atkins is one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the globe for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.Additional Information:
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer
committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community
- a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working
arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
For more recruitment updates, kindly follow #AtkinsIndiaRecruitment