Senior Cloud Data Engineer
Bengaluru | India
Are you a Bengaluru based Senior Cloud Engineer or Full Stack Software Developer who wants to work (remotely for the moment and return to work in an office environment in the future) to provide consulting services to Pythian's global clients including planning, designing and implementing new solutions using the latest Cloud and Big Data technologies Do you want to work on large scale custom consulting projects Do you want to implement and help develop cutting edge solutions, create data pipelines which will migrate data from customers on-prem systems and load it into a cloud hosted If you have a passion for big data and solving complex problems then this could be the job for you!
What will you be doing
- Working with our Cloud Architects to design and develop end to end Cloud based solutions with heavy focus on application and data, all with good understanding of underlying cloud infrastructure
- Be part of a team of globally dispersed Cloud Consultants, supporting other members of the team in overcoming challenges, removing roadblocks and developing options and solutions
- Working on complex and varied Cloud Data focused projects such as migrating business-critical applications to the cloud, re-platforming or re-architecting difficult data and analytics use cases Migrate existing data warehouses from on-premise data center or from one cloud provider to another. As an example of our migration approach, read about our
- Help our customers to grow from a data warehouse into a true with full multi-source data ingestion and integration.
- Build or move analytic workloads to the cloud for better scalability and efficiency.
- Translating complex functional and technical requirements into detailed designs.
- Writing high-performance, reliable and maintainable code.
- Automate, create reusable accelerators to help get the job done quicker and better
- Perform data processing requirements analysis and data flow integrations with external systems.
- Securing components of clients Data platforms.
- Diagnostics and troubleshooting of operational issues. Perform Health-checks and configuration reviews.
- Assisting client developers and advising on efficient data access and manipulations.
What do we need from you
- While we realise you might not have everything on the list to be the successful candidate for the Cloud Consultant job you will likely have at least 5 years experience in similar roles. The position requires specialized knowledge and experience in performing the following:
- Be fluent in a couple of object oriented language, preferably Java and Python, familiarity with Scala and Go would be a plus.
- Experience building end to end software on Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure.
- Good knowledge of popular database and data warehouse technologies & concepts from Google, Amazon or Microsoft (Cloud & Conventional RDBMS), such as BigQuery, Redshift, Microsoft Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Snowflake etc.
- Experience with GCP Dataflow, AWS Glue, Azure DataFactory or any equivalent would be great
- Experience in data modeling, data design and persistence (e.g. warehousing, data marts, data lakes).
- General knowledge of modern data-center and cloud infrastructure including server hardware, networking and storage.
What do you get in return
- Competitive total rewards package including a bonus
- Flexible work environment: Work remotely from your home when you need to!
- Outstanding people: Collaborate with the industry's top minds.
- Substantial training allowance: Hone your skills or learn new ones participate in professional development days, attend conferences, become certified, whatever you like!
- Amazing time off: 3 weeks paid time off, 7 sick days, and 2 professional development days!
- Office Allowance: A device of your choosing and personalise your work environment!
- Fun, fun, fun: take a day off and for your favorite charity.
Pythian excels at helping businesses use their data and cloud to transform how they compete and win in this ever-changing environment by delivering advanced on-prem, hybrid, cloud and multi-cloud solutions to solve the toughest data challenges faster and better than anyone else. Founded and headquartered in Ottawa, Canada in 1997, Pythian now has more than 300 employees located around the globe with over 350 clients spanning industries from SaaS media gaming financial services e-commerce and more. Pythian is known for its technology-enabled data expertise covering everything from ETL to ML. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver innovative solutions that meet the specific data goals of each client and have built meaningful partnerships with major cloud vendors AWS, Google and Microsoft. The powerful combination of our extensive expertise in data and cloud and our ability to keep on top of the latest bleeding edge technologies make us the perfect partner to help mid and large-d businesses transform to stay ahead in today's rapidly changing digital economy. If you are a Cloud Consultant live in Bangalore, India love your data and want to love your career then join us!
Intrigued to see what a job is like at Pythian or check us out and . Follow on Twitter and on Instagram!
Not the right job for you Check out what other great jobs Pythian has open around the world!Disclaimer
For this job an equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered.
Pythian is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
The successful applicant will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in their country of residence permanently- Pythian will not relocate, sponsor, or file petitions of any kind on behalf of a foreign worker to gain a work visa, become a permanent resident based on a permanent job offer, or to otherwise obtain authorization to work.
No recruitment agencies