The CPBB Retail Risk Technology Data supports finance and risk projects globally in data delivery via data warehouse solutions. The team comprises business analysts, data specialists, technology experts and project managers who collaborate with business stakeholders for end-to-end solution implementation.
SCB seeks to hire talented data professionals with relevant experience who will be able to work in global environment from internal and external talent pool.
Our Ideal Candidate
- To support the CPBB Retail Risk Technology Data team in its objectives through a mix of.
- Responsible to provide direction on solution from a standard product / architecture perspective.
- Participate in key decision-making discussions liaising with business stakeholders.
- Provide necessary data analysis and profiling to the team and business.
- Responsible to provide guidance on standardization of interfaces with other applications.
- Knowledge management for MIS applications including business rules, mapping documents, data definitions, system functions and processes.
- Responsible for stakeholder management and help the team to collect the requirements / help to fine tune the requirements.
- Deliver / Review / Approve functional specification to the development team while collating the requirements from various stakeholders.
- Provide guidance and mentor the Junior BAs in the team.
- Provide hands-on management and guidance for the development team from a requirements perspective.
- Able to analyse, define and document business and functional requirements for ongoing projects, with orientation toward phased approach based on rapidly evolving needs.
- Responsible to manage the change request effectively and efficiently during the project delivery with all agreed controls.
- Align with the bank process and standards and ensure there are no deviations.
About Standard Chartered
- Bachelor's degree in the area of computer science or relevant degree.
- More than 10+ years of experience in banking domain / product knowledge with IT working experience.
- Must have good knowledge in writing SQL scripts.
- Good knowledge in Business Intelligence solutions, Data warehousing concepts.
- Basic knowledge in data modelling.
- Good domain knowledge of Retail Risk data and Basel Reporting would be ideal.
- Good working knowledge of SCB application systems and business process.
- Been in business analysis or data analysis roles supporting the above areas.
- Great data analytics and can conduct deep dive into business needs plus data profiling and fact finding.
- Good communication and Stakeholder management skills.
- Very quick learner with strong interest in banking compliance and desire to acquire the knowledge and understanding of Retail Risk Data in the domain. Excellent attention to detail and time management.
- Ability to seek and gain consensus in a multi-cultural, cross-border and matrix reporting environment.
- The opportunity to become the go-to person/focal person for data across the bank globally.
- Extensive exposure to all parts of the bank&rsquos business model.
- Sound base for a future career in the broader data space (including analytics, business intelligence, &lsquobig data etc) the knowledge gained from this role will be invaluable in preparing individuals broader roles in the future.
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website