To achieve agreed individual financial and non-financial targets by acquiring, growing and retaining profitable Retail Banking customers within acceptable risk parameters.
Contribute toward achieving team&rsquos overall target and delivering optimal portfolio return.
Collaborate and build effective partnerships with other RMs, team leaders, segment heads, as well as colleagues in CDD teams and partners in risk, compliance, other support functions, and product
- Drive continuous improvement of the operational efficiency and effectiveness of processes to increase the consistency of systems and processes.
- Support the framework for effective management of operational risks across the Business and compliance with applicable internal policies, and external laws and regulations at a global level.
- Support the execution of Business strategy in a safe and well-controlled manner and on an end-to-end basis incorporating infrastructure requirements and ensuring that they are fit-for-growth.
- Conduct regular and timely customer due diligence (CDD) reviews
- Ensure CDD profiles are error free for timely sign off
- Follow and comply with AML CDD policies and procedures where applicable
- Identify KYC issues, provide solution or escalate to line manager if necessary
- Ensure internal / external KYC requirements are adhered to AML CDD policies and procedures
- Timely handling of customer issues, complaints, and product enquiries in accordance with established procedures
- Abide by appropriate frameworks to guarantee that business is carried out within the Group&rsquos risk appetite and relevant risks are appropriately managed in conjunction with line managers other stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with the highest standards of regulatory conduct and compliance standards and practices as defined by internal and external requirements. This includes compliance with regulations and guidelines on Sanctions, Anti-Money Laundering (AML), and Environmental and Social Risk Management (ESRM).
- Abide by the Group&rsquos values and code of conduct and foster a robust culture to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees.
- Ensure that Risk Management matters that are brought to the job holder&rsquos attention are subject to direct remedial action and/or ensure adequate reporting to the relevant superiors and/or Risk Committees.
- Do what is right in order to avoid reputational risks and operational losses
- Ensure relevant systems and controls pertaining to the role remit are in compliance with Group and Business policies, procedures, standards and codes, including those governing all Risk types, Compliance, Operational Risk, Technology and Operations, Finance and Reputation
Ensure adherence with the following Regulatory Compliance policies and processes (as is applicable):
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and all applicable money laundering prevention procedures
- Client Due Diligence & Related Periodic Reviews
- Client Suitability Standards
- Treating Customers Fairly
- Approval & review of Credit Applications
- Maintain Documentary standards
- Data Confidentiality
- Cross-Border Policy
- Environmental and Social Risk Management (ESRM)
- Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC)
- Embed the Group&rsquos values and code of conduct to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture
- Engage with all audit report findings and ensure feedback is acted upon
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Leadto achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association
Colleagues in RB and CDD teams, Product, Risk, Compliance and other support Functions and BusinessesExternal
Key clientsOther Responsibilities
- Embed Here for good and the Group&rsquos brand and values
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
- Work effectively across SCB, using values behaviours to drive overall business growth
Our Ideal Candidate
- Achieve individual financial and non-financial targets while contributing towards team&rsquos overall deliverables through:
- effectively generating new business identify prospects and convert in line with the Bank&rsquos appetite
- strategically formulating account plan provide clients needs-based solutions, structure appropriate credit facility, and execute various banking transactions
- proactively building trusted client relationships maintain a portfolio of active and growing customers
- Market and sell broad range of products including trade service, cash management, treasury and investment
- Prepare credit proposal and loan application of customers prepare annual review on timely basis
- Work closely with credit team to ensure good quality lending decisions are made to ensure the strict adherence to the prevailing EAR / credit policy
- Implement agreed business plan to achieve sales/ revenue targets
- Generate creative ideas on customer acquisition and products/ services
- Regularly feed back to Team Leader and peers on new and anticipated financial and service needs and recommend appropriate improvements to processes on new products
- Maintain a high level of professionalism in client engagement, internal stakeholder management and other business conduct
About Standard Chartered
- University Graduate
- Minimum  years of relevant experience in serving business/commercial/corporate clients. Experience in servicing international businesses under the cross-border context is a plus
- Excellent financial analysis skills and ability to assess client creditworthiness and key risk considerations / mitigations
- Sound product knowledge on trade, cash, lending and FX and strong understanding of local industries, supply/value chains and market environment
- Knowledge of operational procedures, documentation requirements, banking practices and regulations related to retail banking
- Firm in all business guidelines and compliance issues
- Sound knowledge of financial markets and investment products
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website