Drive profitable growth by acquiring, developing, and servicing long-term relationships with HNW clients
- Accountable for the performance of individual&rsquos own client book.
- Deliver NNM, AUM, and revenue growth targets and key operating metrics (such as tail accounts management, client acquisition, client satisfaction, portfolio mix).
- Generate healthy pipeline of target market prospects and convert them into clients.
- Grow client portfolio by deepening existing customer relationships.
- Implement an asset allocation in line with the client needs, and model portfolios as benchmarks.
- Deliver, monitor and review solutions to clients based on client investment profile.
- Conduct periodic reviews of client accounts in accordance with established procedures.
- Deliver profitable growth by controlling costs and mitigating operational losses.
- Deliver positive client performance in line with client investment profiles
People and Talent
- Support the continuous improvement of processes to increase operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Support the effective management of operational risks across the Business and in compliance with applicable internal policies, and external laws and regulations at a global level.
- Support the delivery of Business strategy in a safe and well-controlled manner and on an end-to-end basis.
- Ensure sales management, suitability and onboarding processes are applied appropriately.
- Collaborate with support functions, business partners, and product specialists to deliver One Bank, support cross selling efforts and referral program (where applicable), and provide effective client solutions.
- Do what is right in order to avoid reputational risks and operational losses.
- Understand the risk and control environment within area of responsibility and drive rectification as required.
- Handle customer issues, complaints, and product enquiries on timely basis in accordance with established procedures.
- Ensure that Risk Management matters that are brought to attention are subject to direct remedial action and/or ensure adequate reporting to the relevant Risk Committees and/or line management.
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Ensure adherence with the highest standards of ethics and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations forms part of the culture.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Participate in Local Client Committee and other relevant committees where applicable.
- Engage with all audit report findings and ensure feedback is acted upon
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Leadto achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association
- Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications relevant degree
- Licenses and Certifications/accreditations as required by role remit and responsibility
- Professional Memberships as required by role remit and responsibility
- Bank training i.e. mandatory & developmental as below
- Languages fluency in business English
Group/Country Mandatory Learning
- Demonstrable and relevant experience in the Private Banking industry commensurate with this remit and level of responsibility
- Strong ability to develop a network of target prospects
- Proven risk management capabilities
- Firm in all business guidelines and compliance issues
- Sound knowledge of financial markets and investment products
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
About Standard Chartered
- Right Start
- Anti Money Laundering, Counter Terrorist Financing & Sanctions
- Fighting Bribery & Corruption - A Practical Guide
- Global Privacy Awareness
- Group Code of Conduct
- Health, Safety and Environment
- (iSAFE) Information Security Awareness for Everyone
- Introduction to Operational Risk in Standard Chartered Bank
- Living with HIV
- Reputation Risk
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website