Product Owner Responsibilities
- Delivers backlog in dedicated 100% capacity as a squad member.
Squad Backlog Management
- Develops and owns the vision of the squad and holds accountability for delivering on OKRs.
- Responsible for creating, sizing and prioritizing user stories for the squad to deliver on daily basis.
- Defines product requirements and makes sure they are complete, integral and consistent.
- Contributes to squad product development to the extent of her or his competence.
- Define squad objectives and scope, considering resource constraints and long-term vision.
- Manages relationships and synchronizes it with the Tribe Lead, Chapter Lead and other Product.
- Owners in Squads responsible for related products to align on roadmaps, priorities and dependencies.
- Holds regular meetings to update product backlog and ensure requirements are correctly understood.
- Participate in planning of the Squad's sprint to reaffirm priorities and clarify the requirements.
- Interact with other Squads and tribes in synchronization ceremonies to implement cross squad tasks.
- Lead team through the process of clarifying requirements and delivery expectations with stakeholders.
- Provides input into squad members evaluation and performance review monthly.
- Working with Hive Lead, dynamically allocates resources within the squad based on (i) squad, backlogs and (ii) resource needs.
- Defines set of necessary competences in the squad with HIve Lead / Chapter Lead.
- Ensure all aspects of the role and responsibilities align to the group and team strategies.
- Delivery of the priorities book of work as defined by the business against the corporate and teams scorecard.
People and Talent
- Comply with relevant bank standards for delivery and compliance as they relate to the role.
- Provide any input into directs performance review and any team 360 for performance review.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Ensure all outcomes are aligned to the bank standards for compliance and governances policies.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
Other ResponsibilitiesOur Ideal Candidate
- Group, Region and Country Heads, Distribution
- Group Heads TTO and Delivery Heads TTO
- Head BRM, Retail Banking Channels
- Risk Control Owners Information and Cyber-Security, Operational Risk, CFCC, Fraud
- Group Internal Audit
- Investment Portfolio Governance team
About Standard Chartered
- Product Owner certification.
- 12-15 years of experience in Financial Services sector.
- Bachelors or Masters in Business or relevant degree.
- Understanding of Retail Banking systems, processes and risk management.
- Experience Statements and Advice Domain.
- 8-10 years of relevant retail banking experience in technology projects.
- Good understanding of client needs and processes in retail banking knowledge of SCB systems a plus.
- Strong communication skills to gather requirements and manage multiple stakeholder expectations.
- Strong build-management experience and a good sense for the intersection of business, user-experience design, and technology.
- Strong Communication Skills to manage key stakeholders and senior business leaders expectations and to resolve conflicts/issues.
- Change Management Expertise and ability to manage dependencies across multiple initiative, projects and programs.
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website