Margin and Treasury Operation (MTO) is an umbrella group covering the processing of Collateral Margin, Money Markets, and Nostro Management. It is a first Line of Defence function that responsible for minimizing Deutsche Bank's counterparty credit risk on its collateralized derivatives portfolio.
Margin Operations responsible for minimizing Deutsche Bank's counterparty credit risk on its collateralized derivatives portfolio. We aggregate the Bank's exposure across trading activity globally, administer the margin terms dictated in bilateral ISDA and CSA (Credit Support Annex) Agreements and facilitate exchange of permissible collateral (cash or securities) with our clients or central clearing counterparties. The team also manages Margin Disputes, regulatory Portfolio Reconciliation and Data Control flowing into the margining systems for APAC, EMEA and US regions.
What we'll offer you
Your key responsibilities
- Best in class leave policy
- Gender neutral parental leaves
- 100% reimbursement under child care assistance benefit (gender neutral)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Sponsorship for Industry relevant certifications and education
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family members
- Comprehensive Hospitalization Insurance for you and your dependents
- Accident and Term life Insurance
- Complementary Health screening for 35 yrs. and above
Your skills and experience
- The person will be providing oversight and governance for Collateral Management process that typically have a high level of client servicing, regulatory risk and reputational /financial loss due to transaction nature, which can impact client relationships.
- Re-engineering the current process to meet the changing needs of the business. Leading/contributing to various projects which are kicked off in the department to increase efficiency in the process.
- Responsible to carry out daily tasks effectively, efficiently and accurately protecting the Bank to any financial and Regulatory risks
- Responsible for Timely delivery of daily/Weekly /Monthly audit requests processing / customer query resolutions within provided Benchmark with the expected fashion.
- Complete and Confirm all the activity and escalation of outstanding trade queries as per processing queues
- Maintain the Quality and completeness as required by the business.
- Expected to monitor KPIs and KRIs of the process.
- Lead and contribute to Global initiatives that could be strategic and tactical in nature
- Should have detailed understating of Derivatives, Trade Life Cycle, UnCleared Margin Rules, reconciliations and settlements processes
- Strong operations management and project management skills are required.
- Ability to work autonomously and deliver results in a high-pressured environment.
- Ability to understand the process risk and ensure timely reporting and escalation of critical risks & non-compliance with policies, standards, and limits.
- Ability to challenge the status quo and drive automation/process efficiency.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy with an ability to notice discrepancies/issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and effective interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills ability to identify and prioritize multiple tasks based on criticality, impact and franchise importance.
- Exceptional communication skills - verbal, written and presentation skills are a must.
- Independent problem solver who demonstrates accountability as well as execution capability.
- Background in Collateral, Margin, Rates, Credit, FX, Securities, Treasury or Liquidity Management.
- Ability to independently coordinate and manage work requirements across multiple business areas and functions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly regulated environment.
- Ability to connect with people as well as desire to learn process flows.
- Ability to mentor and coach the new joiners.
- Dedication to servicing a demanding internal and external client base.
- Microsoft Excel skills to a good standard.
- Knowledge of Tableau, Alteryx and other self-service analytical and data interpretation tools will be an advantage
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Commerce or a related field and have a minimum of 8-10 years of work experience in a Banking/Finance environment.
How we'll support you
- Experience working in a global, cross-matrix reporting organization.
- Professional or Investment banking qualifications are not a must but will be looked upon favourably
About us and our teams
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
Please visit our company website for further information:
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.