- Awareness and understanding of the Group&rsquos business strategy and model appropriate to the role.
People and Talent
- To Input and Authorise Client enquiries received in the system.
- To converse with clients efficiently over e-mails and Phone.
- Ensure all timelines are met with accuracy as per agreed SLA with clients.
- Managing the team members effectively, knowledge sharing among team members and developing individual skills of all team members.
- Process training to new joiners, regular updates on the process change and incorporation of the changes in DOI.
- Ensure proper functioning of day-to-day controls, periodic monitoring of activities and timely resolution of risk issues.
- To ensure successful completion of BCP / DR test at required frequencies.
- To escalate issues as they occur or received from clients and coordinate communication to senior stakeholders.
- Co-ordinate various testing in respect of new application and processes relating to Client Services activities and check reports for confirmation and sign-off.
- Handling Internal and External Auditors and clarifying all queries in a timely manner.
- Managing KCSA related queries.
- To support Migration of the new activities.
- Complete all mandatory e-learning as and when it required.
- Collaborative skills and should be able to work with staff across locations and grades.
- To ensure all control / operating procedure and documentations are properly followed.
- To ensure compliance to all established procedures, regulations and the Group Guidelines.
- To keep track of changes (internal and external) affecting Clients and communicate such changes, along with impact analyses, on a pro-active basis, through newsflashes, market insights, operations guides and through other routine communication.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- In the event of serious regulatory breaches, or where risk tolerances have been breached, ensure senior management are informed and that actions are taken quickly to remediate and / or activities are ceased.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime Compliance The Right Environment].
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Business partners across countries, Central operations, GBS SSO Management team and Larger SSO team.
3 - 4 years of relevant work experience in the following areas
About Standard Chartered
- The candidate should have minimum of 5 - 6 years in a client facing role.
- Excellent oral / written communication skill / good system skills.
- Worked in Operations Processing team and have experience in processing complex transations.
- Knowledge of allied products like Fund services and reference data will be an added advantage.
- Need to work closely with I.T team to resolve the system issues, should be able to articulate properly the same to senior staff in the IT forum.
- Excellent Knowledge of Custody operations, Securities Settlements, Corporate Actions, Financial Market Operations.
- Excellent oral / written communication skills . Ability to converse and interact with Global clients over e-mail and Phone.
- The person should also have good understanding and operational experience in both the Core Custody process (Settlement / Corporate Actions ) , problem solving , analytical abilities and foreseeing the client requirements.
- The candidate should have been responsible for process management like work allocation, LA / TAT management of client queries, Incident Management monitoring work queues, intra / end-of-day controls, etc
- Exposure to Multi-market Settlement and Asset Servicing operations involving Mandatory and Voluntary corporate actions, SWIFT messaging and fund transfers.
- Hands on experience in handling ICSD systems viz. Clearstream / Euroclear would be added advantage.
- Stakeholder management.
- Flexible in shifts.
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website