About Standard Chartered
- The purpose of RP is to assist Country Process Owners (CPOs) and Global Process Owner (GPOs) to effectively manage operational risk within the first line of defence. The members must ensure that the sampling tests are conducted in accordance with Risk Management Framework, Group Operational Risk Policies and Procedures.
- To ensure error free work with no operating losses
- Emphasis to Identify, assess, monitor, escalate and report operational risks from respective business scope to both business line managers and Unit Head in a timely manner.
- Ensure Individual Productivity targets are met / surpassed
- Quality Assurance: To make sure the quality assurance of operational risk controls across all processes in the corresponding business area.
- Competency and Effectiveness: To be fully competent in control measure skills and methodology in conducting sample testing, quality checking, and monitoring to be effective in identifying control process gaps, timely escalation of identified issues or risks, and any effective actions to mitigate within the accepted timeframe.
- Ensure 1st Line risk ownership: To assist business heads or managers truly own all risks in their business areas.
- Independence toward control management: To conduct independent and effective sample testing, monitoring, and investigation on all related processes with control measures in order to provide feedback to the Business head/Unit Head/ and control functions in timely manner.
- Monitoring and escalation: To be responsible for monitoring all processes in the corresponding area and escalate any issues and risks to the Line Manager / Unit Head on timely manner.
- Investigation, logging and monitoring of Ops Risk issues, events including development and implementation of action plans.
- Accurate Updating of Control Sheets / master sheets.
- Ensure staff performance is monitored on a continuous basis and feedback provided at regular intervals.
- Ensure timely escalation to Senior Management of any exception noticed related to work and environment.
- Ensure proper training (OJT) is given to team members whenever required.
- Ensure backup staff is identified and trained.
- Ensure proper hand over is adhered.
- Responsible for the implementation and executions of the KCI / KCSA / CST process, sampling and testing the population of controls to ensure compliance with the agreed standards
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website