Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Support BI / Reporting function for all segments / products of Retail Bank / Private Banking.
- Extend analytics support spanning across entire gamut of business (Customer Acquisition, Portfolio Management, New Product Development).
- Execute data and MIS requirements, and delivery of data analytics roadmap.
- Drive the transformation to global standard report delivery including business KPI definitions, report design / visualization, user adoptions, etc.
- Drive self-serve adoption across analytics and business user community.
- Interact with business divisions and analytics function to understand their business requirements and translate them into data requirements (data, data structures and data model requirement) for Infrastructure Teams.
- Understand business data requirements, explore data sources, reconcile outcome, establish business logics and curate data dictionaries, etc.
- Work closely with technology and the data warehouse team on technical guidance on infrastructure / solution covering data architectures, data models and meta data management.
- Work closely with database and BI teams on topics related to data requirements, cleanliness and accuracy.
- Participate in Projects by performing UATs as & when required (e.g. UATs on report conversion / migration due to Data-Mart enhancements).
- Enabling customer satisfaction by providing quality service, submitted in a timely manner and communicated effectively.
- Continuous Improvement in Productivity to the standards prescribed from time to time.
- Continually reviewing all assigned processes to identify opportunities for quality and process design improvement.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime Compliance The Right Environment].
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association.
- Bachelor / Master&rsquos degree from reputed university in computer science, statistics, economics or any other quantitative fields.
- Minimum 8 years of hands-on data analytics & BI reporting experience solving complex business problems using data.
- Good understanding of IT architecture and BI solutions, including database systems, data warehousing, ETL tools, decision support systems, data visualizations and reporting tools.
- Hands-on experience in BI tools i.e. MicroStrategy, Power BI, Tableau and analytics in retail banking or financial institutions. Understanding of BI architecture and implementations.
- At least, 4+ years of hands-on experience in using SAS (Base & Advance) / SQL to create datamarts and deliver business analytics & reporting requirements.
- At least 2+ years hands-on experience in BIG Data environment and open sourcing programing tools, e.g. HIVE, HADOOOP, Spark, Python, PySpark, Spark SQL, Scala. Hands-on experience in Azure Datafactory and Databricks will be a plus.
- Good knowledge of Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning, ML Ops and their applications in driving customer engagement.
- Strong analytical skills with business analysis experience or equivalent. Good knowledge and understanding of financial-services/ banking-operations is a must.
- Understanding of consumer lending products like Credit Cards, mortgages, loans & overdrafts is a must.
- Ability to establish strong relationships with stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Ability to design processes and procedures which are continually reviewed, improved and changes communicated for effective implementation, with consensus of key leaders in the wider organization.
- Ability to understand and connect business drivers and rationale for and application of those relevant to the Retail business.
About Standard Chartered
- Experience in collaborating with cross-functional teams, including Tech developers, data engineers and business analysts, etc.
- Excellent communication skills with technical (the team) and non-technical (senior management in region) counterparts - being able to "translate' between the two worlds is essential.
- Ability to deliver in a challenging complex matrix structure.
- Good understanding of the competitor landscape and industry best practices.
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website