About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
- Work in line with Group Strategy
- Support the unit in achieving the common goals
- Learn and manage system changes without any impact post production
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Ensure strict adherence to various RISK policies and control around the process
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the GRU team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime ComplianceThe Right Environment.] .
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association
- All Ops stakeholders in-country/GBS related to reconciliation, product teams, Project Product owners, Technology teams
Our Ideal Candidate
- To drive and manage the business requirements for the TLM reconciliation solution.
- Facilitating workshops by engaging stakeholders and gathering business requirements
- Analysing requirements to cover the end to end business processes and workflows
- Business Configuration business rather than technical configuration of the TLM solution
- Working closely with Project Manager, Stakeholders, Country Champions and Subject Matter experts to deliver the system functionality
- Liaising with Business Configuration/Vendor and Technology teams to ensure successful implementation of business solution in terms of design and build
- Managing end user expectations and mitigating risks and issues
- Facilitating system testing including, development of test strategy and test packs leading Prototype testing and UAT
- Delivering system training and providing Go Live and Post Go Live Support
- Participating in critical business decisions and covering key controls of the business function
- Establishing business rules and events escalation, prioritization etc.
- Both on a BAU and project basis.
- Product expert becoming an expert in the business functionality offered by the solution(s)
- User training training users to maximize their ability to work with the application
- Co-coordinating with technology in the design, development of interfaces and extracts.
- Understand the end to end impact due to the change/enhancement proposed.
- Prepare Business Requirement Document (BRD) wherever applicable and review Functional Specification (FS) for sign off
- Ensure that the Ops team understand the change and provide training if required
- Ensure preparing of test cases for User Acceptance Test (UAT) in consultation with Ops and co-ordinate with them to process the cases
- Co-ordinate between system support/project manager and Ops to ensure that all the stakeholders are aware on the change/impact (if any)
- Participate in Project Working Committee meeting and represent Ops providing testing progress, Ops impact, agreeing UAT timelines etc.,
- Support process migrations to Ops and ensure relevant documentations are completed within the timelines
- Prepare go-live test pack and participate in User Verification Testing (UVT) along with Ops teams on implementation date
- Coordinate with Ops teams on sign-off for UAT and UVT.
- Graduation in any discipline
- Extensive TLM system and workflow knowledge essential.
- Knowledge of multiple product functions preferably Financial Markets.
- Working knowledge of reconciliations performed for the group.
- An analytical, risk-based approach with good communication skills and team ethic required, though should be able to work autonomously when required
- Knowledge of MS suite of applications required, preferably at Intermediate/Expert level
Visit our careers website