- Ensuring that the quality of Limit Applications (BCAs) meets Group standards, particularly with regards to the completeness and depth of risk analysis.
- Approving BCAs falling within own discretion and support of applications that require approval outside the delegated credit authority, where appropriate.
- Work shopping of new business deals with Business and providing them with new business/product ideas.
- Highlighting/Approving breaches of Credit Policy and Local Underwriting Standards.
- Undertake regular customer visits to better understand the business environment.
- Maintain Turn-around Time of BCA approvals.
- Ensuring compliance with all credit policy and CUS and any divergence to be appropriately highlighted/approved.
- Ensure EAR process is adhered to and participate in the monthly EAR & ASTAR discussions. Assisting relationship managers in identification and managing of accounts exhibiting signs of deterioration and assist Group Special Assets Management, where appropriate, in managing stressed accounts to maximise recoveries and minimise losses.
- Support all portfolio related analysis for various reviews initiated within/outside the country.
- Increasing working profits through effective management of the loan asset portfolio in order to help develop the franchise in a sustainable way and minimise provisions.
- Maximizing Economic Revenue through effective management of the risk/reward relationships.
- Maintaining credit quality and standards of professionalism for the risk function.
- Ensure effective implementation of Group Policies / Circulars / Procedures.
- Participate actively in any group initiative to improve systems and processes.
- Regularly attending and making meaningful contribution to the Regional Credit Issues Forum.
Operational Risk Management Assurance (ORMA)
- Actively engage all stakeholders (eg. Business partners) to raise their awareness of credit issues and how these are managed by the Credit Risk function.
- Ensure that Credit Risk decisions are transparent and supporting rationales are explained in a professional and courteous manner, especially when turning down proposals.
- Ensure compliance to the ORMA framework (self-assessments, KRIs, KCSs, etc) and reporting.
- Ensure full awareness of all the policies & procedures issued in relation to money laundering prevention. Ensure compliance with these policies & procedures on an ongoing basis and immediately report any deviations to the Supervisor
Live by values and brand promise Here for Good.Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Leadto achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association
- In country CB Head, Country Segment Heads, Senior Bankers, credit/marketing groups.
- Senior Credit Officer /Chief Credit Officer (in-country).
Our Ideal CandidateAbout Standard Chartered
- Executives (including equivalent CRM Units) of other banks.
- Key Corporate and Institutional relationships in country.
- Directors/Key contacts in the business community.
- Auditors / Government regulators
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website