About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.Role ResponsibilitiesStrategy
- Provide guidance to Group or Country SBIM teams on matters related to FLIP methodology and propose solutions to enable secure, timely and efficient delivery of information to the stakeholders.
- Strategic Business Information Management (SBIM) is a one stop provider of business information that not just gives a historical view of the bank but also is progressive in giving a strategic view of the future. The core focus is not just to be a provider of information but also be a strategic partner with an understanding of the business context.
- Create and manage data and information support for all the key initiatives of business units across Retail Bank supporting the respective country and group teams.
- To work closely with Business & data source team, to review the key parameters and data feasibility and ensure that the deliverables are in line with the Information Management Policy guidelines.
People & Talent
- SBIM handles a series of complex processes including but not limited to Country Data, Group Data, Data Visualisation, Scorecards across Retail Banking Products, Data Management, Retail Banking Products and across Retail Banking Segments.
- Create a robust performance metrics, to be leveraged for downstream Reporting and Analytics. Automate and streamline existing ways of sourcing and transformation of data using out of the box processes, procedures and innovative practices.
- Ensuring total customer centric through Zero misses on delivery, Accuracy, Timely report dissemination and Proactive communication.
- Contribute significantly to the process efficiencies in front line performance tracking and incentive calculation.
- Interact with metrics owners across various functions and get an end-to-end understanding of the metrics and check the applicability of the metrics across various Scorecards.
- Continuous Improvement in the productivity standards prescribed and updated periodically.
- Take ownership of significant portion contributing to the end to end processes from inception of delivery of results and handling exceptions.
- Work closely with data warehouse team, technology and support function on solutions to resolve identified production issues which are impacting existing infrastructure / solution covering data quality, data assurance, refresh timeliness, data security governance.
- Manage the infrastructure need of the internal team to mitigate any potential risks of non-performance.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Periodic monitoring of the team&rsquos compliance levels on the data usage and the data security parameters.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime Compliance The Right Environment].
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association.
- Group Retail Banking, SBIM, Country Business Finance teams, Business leaders, GBS HR, HRSSC, Finance, Compliance, Quality, Program Management Office, Corporate Communications, Technology.
Our Ideal Candidate
- External auditors, Senior members of HR and Finance in the industry and Peer group companies related businesses.
- Other Responsibilities
- To support the regular connects with the stakeholders and business meetings periodically and on a need basis.
- To actively contribute to a healthy working environment through team bonding, employee engagement initiatives, periodic townhalls and all hands meets.
- BE / B.Tech / MCA with (or) MBA with 3 - 7 years of hands on SAS & SQL experience, Campaign Management, process re-engineering, and performance metrics design.
- Strong understanding of financial industry, specifically on banking products and services and Business Intelligence tools.
Visit our careers website