Product / Domain Knowledge
- The end-to-end features and functionality of Personal Loans / Overdraft / Mortgages / BB / Credit card product to be known.
- Possesses interpretive knowledge on the domain and works from the operations and technology perspective.
End to end understanding of the process involved including other Units:
- To be able to understand the reason for existence of sub systems and work towards reduction of hands off between Units.
- To be able to assess the duplicate work arounds / layers of checking involved and work towards minimisation of these layers.
Complete understanding of risk points in the product:
- The risk of not processing the basic transactions like EMI, Capital reduction, Foreclosure, tenor changes, reversal of service tax transactions etc on time is to be understood and cascaded to the team.
- The segregation of transactions in TP systems which involve EOD batch processing and online processing is to be well understood to know the system functionality.
Provides guidance and clarification to others on principles & products:
- When there is a change in process advised by Country due to change in Bank policy, Country policy etc., this is to be socialised with the entire team to ensure adherence.
Explains how principles apply to work activity:
- To be able to interpret the local guidelines and policies and apply to the current process.
- Understands the product level changes which can be provided to the customer and accordingly processes transactions with reference to changes requested.
Obtains feedback, develops or recommends changes to policies and procedures:
- Is constantly engaged with Country / Technology / various customer touchpoints and recommends changes to processes so that they could be made simple.
Handles exceptions which are complex, is able to judge to a fair degree the consequences of the exceptions:
- To be able to take decisions such that there is a win-win situation even in complex situations.
An awareness of linkages with other products/ process, linkages with various systems, hub resources and country resources:
- To be able to look at the bigger picture where a complete understanding of the linkage to processes to various products cutting across systems / sub systems is identified to optimise the utilisation of resources.
Able to relate how each one of it impacts and correlate to each other:
- Identify and eliminate process waste (excessive movement & transportation, wait time, defects, underutilized people/resources & nonvalue added processing steps).
- To do an end-to-end process review right from request receipt until entries are posted, identify the process gaps, non-value added activities etc and suggest areas of improvement.
Assess process health through key metrics:
- To check error rates independently and as a percentage to the transaction volumes processed and do an analysis to check the trend of errors.
- To check the actual time taken to process each of the financial activity splitting them into uploads, preparation of files, posting of entries etc and check the maximum time spent on each of the activity. The activities in which maximum time spent is to be taken up for process / risk review.
Analyses and remedies inefficiencies in processes:
- To check the hands off between processing Unit to other Unit and analyse the reasons for such manual hands off so that these can be eliminated.
- To check any e mail-based processing done by Financial Unit especially on the financial entries posted and look at moving them to process flow systems.
- If there are any processes which cannot be moved to workflow systems, suggesting an effective way of checking the transactions end to end independently without referring to maker inputs.
Ensure updated DOI&rsquos and end to end system / process manual on a regular basis:
- Review the DOIs step by step regularly and check if there are any gaps in process executed.
- Ensure that all processes executed are captured in DOI.
- Ensure that any non-value-added process / layers of checking in the DOI is reviewed completely and if found to be non-productive, highlight the same to country and follow up for removal of such process from the DOI.
Advises on multiple processes and trains staff:
- Understand the complexity of process and the inter linkage of process of different Countries.
- Sharing of best practices of Countries processing Loan Financials so that process efficiency is achieved.
- Keeping the processing staff on ground intimated on the process changes with reference to processes advised by Country / Regulatory authorities and the impact of these changes.
- Interpretation and application of changes advised with reference to the financial process followed by the team and training them adequately.
- Staff to be trained on the awareness of the risks associated with each of the financial process in terms of quality output, timeline etc.
Instil in team the sense of urgency for change:
- To ensure that the entire team is aware of the impact of changes and the associated risks of not following the change of process.
- To ensure that the entire team members come up the learning curve in terms of changes advised by Country / Regulatory Authorities.
Makes decisions on area of control and can identify issues that need to be escalated:
- To take right decisions at times of contingencies in terms of resourcing, training requirements etc.
- To inform the top management at the appropriate time at times of emergencies so that corrective action can be taken at the right time.
Operational risk Management
- Ability to categorize and to quantify the work plans to suit the SLA requirements.
- Review cycle times for correctness of input.
- Develop capacity model for projection of FTE requirements.
- Comprehensively describes approach to capacity management and reasons behind it and applies this approach across a broad range of platforms while taking ownership for their capacity management.
- Defines and mitigates capacity risks.
- Displays flexibility in altering plans to achieve objectives or adapt to situations.
- Analyses, interprets and monitors operations risk and suggests mitigation techniques to reduce such risk.
- Check inherent risk of product and process in the operating environment and demonstrate support for the internal program through behaviour, presentations, and discussions.
- Able to identify early warning signals and to initiate remedial action.
- Able to anticipate and detect fraud and take preventive measures keeping the global fraud environment in mind.
- Establish prevention and detection internal controls with an end-to-end perspective (from transaction to customer), which address potential risks of inefficiency, ineffectiveness, fraud, abuse or mismanagement.
- Use of internal/external audit findings to further improve service excellence.
- Promote & enable a culture of audit readiness at all times in order to ensure no failed audits.
- Instructs others in the area of operations risk assessment and monitoring Behavioural Capabilities.
- Executes tasks and assignments accurately within team and self.
- Possesses ability to differentiate between quality and excellence in the real time BAU activities.
- Able to provide solutions and ideas to bring down errors.
- Create an error free culture by leveraging behavioural recognition, system requirements and other pressure points.
- Create a collaborative mindset towards driving quality work.
- Instils a strong internal and external customer mindset in the team by setting service quality standards.
- Takes ownership of team goals in addition to their own.
- Understands customer&rsquos requirements, able to apply them and guide others.
- Understands the relative strength of each customer segment&rsquos priorities and requirements.
- Able to generate and implement improvement ideas for error free processing and better customer service.
- Able to initiate contact with customers to create a network with customers and seek feedback on service.
- Is able to serve customer within boundaries of policies and procedures without compromising on mandated procedures/ change process model.
- Clearly articulates and confidently expresses ideas and arguments.
- Listens well and offers positive and creative solutions.
- Ability to communicate in a collaborative manner without conflicts.
- Be able to give open and honest communication to demonstrate ethical leadership with integrity.
- Demonstrates presentation skills.
- Uses sound judgment in solving unexpected problems.
- Able to suggest quick workarounds to handle problems.
- Able to identify and highlight problems and identify/implement actions to resolve same.
- Able to guide team members in managing problems.
- Takes corrective actions during crisis and conflicts.
- Able to perform thematic analysis to identify potential issues and implement appropriate solutions.
- Able to put forth areas of concern and assistance required from Countries for improvement in operations.
- Understands concerns and needs of the stakeholders.
- Asses ones work and processes by their impact on stakeholder's concerns.
- Being able to give confidence to stakeholders that their interests are protected.
- In the event of any unforeseen incidents, proactively manage flow of information to stake holders and reassure with concrete steps that all in control.
- Understands human emotions and how it can affect performance at work.
- Able to lead, motivate and develop a bigger team.
- Fully committed to team engagement.
- People Effectiveness & Management Skills which would inspire, motivate and engage team members to achieve higher performance.
- Successfully develops and retains talented individuals.
- Able to delegate effectively within the team ensuring development of subordinates.
- Ability to personally relate to each member of the team and be able to objectively evaluate performance - courageous to differentiate great performance from just good performance.
- Able to establish a culture for rewarding good performance and for taking effective action on poor performance.
- Facilitates clear expectations and processes for teamwork, team roles and team talk.
- Develops procedures for change and ensures that they are effectively documented & communicated to all.
- Able to drive change and provide constructive feedback.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and commitment to change and instils in teams the sense of urgency for change.
- Supports managers on the effects of change within their teams/ processes through consultation and facilitation.
- Uses tools specified to facilitate change.
Financial and Budgetary Management
- Proactively identifies what needs to be done and takes appropriate actions.
- Seeks out others involved in a situation to learn their perspectives.
- Understands the need for projects/ initiatives and able to lead a small team in a small-scale projects and contributes towards the decision-making.
- Able to understand Financial Concepts.
- Describes the internal control procedures and systems (e.g., processing company invoices).
Strategy Formulation & Implementation
- Ability to decide based on the available information in hand to recommend decisions.
- Understanding the data points how it matches / breaches the rules.
- Analysing transactions to bring out trends and patterns.
- Identifying the key information required from other sources.
- Co-relate all the inputs, analysis and summarize the findings.
- Able to analyse the trends and patterns in the unit (Volume, capacity, performances & errors).
Our Ideal Candidate
- Understands the strategies and priorities of the organization.
- Able to execute given actions that will contribute towards achieving business strategies.
About Standard Chartered
- More than 8 years of experience
- People Management Skills
- Stake Holder Management
- Communication skills
- Multi Tasking
- Decision Making
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do.
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well.
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term.
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations.
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum.
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns.
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits.
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning.
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website