To deliver the SC Capital&rsquos Strategic priorities
Responsible for SC Capital&rsquos financial reporting for local and Group books, allocating and tracking efficient capital allocation, ensure efficient and effective cost management, support the CEO and CFO with cost management on the strategic projects, ensure accurate Statutory, Financial and Management accounting, ensure adequate compliance with corporate governance policies and all regulations applicable to NBFCs for local as well as group reporting
- Ensure SC Capital's accounts are accurate and meet regulatory and legal requirements including regulatory reporting and group reporting.
- Ensure all RBI Reporting are done in a timely and accurate manner. Ensure there are no overdues to the regulatory timelines
- Manage financial performance MIS to support performance culture for Statutory & Regulatory reporting.
- Allocate and track the performance of strategic project investment funds
- Constructively challenge business cases and plans from all other departments whilst identifying obstacles and opportunities
- Define the accounting standards for SC Capital, in line with local and group regulations
- Manage costs and budget for the organization
- Manage relationships with external auditors, agencies and regulators
- Supporting SC Capital Senior management stakeholders in business decisions to drive business deliverables
- Introducing and implementing best practices, increasing quality of support services
People and Talent
- Ensuring effective and efficient processing within TAT as per service expectations
- To provide support to Segment, Product & Function stakeholders/business finance, in relation to their expenses, including trends and variance analysis, forecasts and budgets.
- To ensure monthly activities with regard to accruals and month end entries for the said segment and product costs.
- To monitor and track Project costs by partnering with the group, regional and country finance teams in providing analysis of their cost base and also providing assistance for project investment proposals/PEDs, etc.
- To support GL substantiation and such other control activities related to expense management
- Responsible for flash and pipeline activities for expense management.
- Responsible for the planning and forecasting of costs for the Segments, Products & Functions
- Support the Country Management team with timely and accurate MIS providing detailed analysis of the costs and also assist them in driving cost efficiency deliveries
- To own the accounting, MI reporting, variance analysis of all Financial and Non-financial elements for Other Banking Segment
- Review the activities of the GFS supports at periodic intervals and impart the necessary training or guidance to them to come up the learning curve to enhance and improve the offshore support that they extend in all production and analytical activity.
- To implement appropriate internal controls and operating risk management/monitoring processes and procedures within the unit for ensuring integrity of Performance and Expense reporting and compliance with related group policies/standards
- Be the SPOC for the CEO and CFO and be able to provide analytical reasoning and in-depth variance analysis for the delta or movements in Business performance seamlessly and on an end to end basis.
- Be a team player
- Leverage GFS supports for all production and BAU activity-based support, including basic variance analysis. Continuously impart the necessary training or guidance to them to come up the learning curve to enhance and improve the offshore support that they extend in all production and analytical activity
To implement appropriate internal controls and operating risk management/monitoring processes and procedures within the unit for ensuring integrity of Performance and Expense reporting and compliance with related group policies/standardsGovernance
Be responsible owner and ensure compliances for all deliverables pertaining to the Finance Function within SC Capital be in Management, Financial, Statutory or Regulatory reporting, Financial Controls, Budgeting, Strategy execution, Cost management, Project Management, etc.Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Finance team] to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- RBI, Companies Act, SEBI, PRA, etc.
- Serve as a Director of the Board of Not Applicable
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association As delegated from time to time
- MD and CEO
- Chief Financial Officer
- SC Capital Board
- Other relevant Business and Functional teams
Our Ideal Candidate
- Vendors and other Consultants
About Standard Chartered
- Qualified CA
- Minimum of 10-12 years experience and deep understanding of financial services across SC Capital's and NBFCs is critical for this role
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website