The successful candidate will adopt best practices and a structured approach towards project management and facilitate country deployment of DQMF policy and procedures in the data profiling workstream, enhance data ownership and capabilities of existing team in RB Data Management process.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for profiling of data attributes to assess data quality and generate exception dashboards.
- Scripting / Configuring of business validation rules, Testing, Review.
- Deploy and automate the rules developed in Control-M / batch scheduling related tools.
- Work closely with system SMEs to understand the data model and the technical table / attributes required for performing the data profiling.
- Engage with key stakeholders, group teams to support data profiling activities.
- Support transition of data quality and data governance capabilities into BAU.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- To automate data profiling activities, assess the data quality in Core-Banking andTP systems and generate exceptions so as to facilitate Biz in getting the exceptions remediated. Provide insights on the data integrity and reliability of data to the downstream consumers based on the DQ expectations. Implement DQ controls as defined in the DQMF policy and procedures.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime Compliance The Right Environment].
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association.
- Degree in Accounting, Statistics, or Computer Science specializing in Information Management, or equivalent.
6+ years of work experience involving one or more of the following
About Standard Chartered
- Strong knowledge and experience of working on data profiling tools such as IDQ / BDQ and ETL (Informatica PowerCenter) tools.
- Strong knowledge and experience of SQL, PL / SQL and RDBMS concepts.
- Strong knowledge and experience of shell scripting in Unix / Linux environments.
- Strong knowledge andexperience in Release Management in DevOps.
- Strong knowledge and experience of having worked on batch scheduling tools such as Control-M, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in Core Java would be an added advantage.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience of having worked on Banking domain involving one or more of the following would be an added advantage: Core Banking, Cards & Lending products, Client on boarding or Due diligence, Regulatory or Internal reporting, sanctions / anti-money-laundering, Risk Management (Market, Credit or Operational), Data Governance or IT or data analysis/ profiling roles supporting the above areas.
- Able to work independently and be a key contributor.
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website