The Role Responsibilities
- Strategize the Technology roadmap for CLDM delivery
- Foster engineering mindset among the people and develop talent within the team
- Provide Inputs / directions for strategic programs across Solutions, Design and Approach to implementation
- Adopt the bank&rsquos cloud strategy and drive within your programs/projects
- Strategize on new areas like choice of design, databases, API strategies, Microservices led Architecture as part of Engineering stream
- Understand the bank priorities on the strategic initiatives and on the new programs planned further.
- Adhere to Vx principles and guidelines on all Program delivery
- Compliance on ICS guidelines, Security and Data protection
- Compliant to SDF/TDA/RAT process and drive bank towards automating process areas removing redundancies
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Must be aware of the Group&rsquos regulatory framework and is expected to adhere based on the role.
- Must understand the oversight and controls related to Business Unit, Job Function and deliver.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the [India / CCIB CLDM ITO / Application Development, Support & Engineering to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime ComplianceThe Right Environment.] .
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- CLDM ITO, CLDM Business, Vendors related to CLDM, Interfacing systems to CLDM (CCIB Business Unit)
Our Ideal CandidateRequired Skills
- Manage and handle all CCIB CLDM Objectives.
Standard Job Requirements
- Java, J2EE Technologies & Advanced Java Programming.
- Good hands-on skills in writing SQL and PL/SQL scripts. Preferably Oracle.
- Knowledge on Spring Boot.
- Good understanding of tools like GIT, JIRA, Maven, Confluence, and related components involving CI/CD pipeline.
- React JS and Redux
- Expertise in RDBMS solutions (Oracle, PostgreSQL) & NoSQL offerings (Cassandra, MongoDB, etc)
- 10+ Years of experience in application development using Java and Advance Technologies tool.
- Good understanding of fundamental architecture and design principles, object-orientation principles and coding standards.
- Ability to build extensible and scalable solutions.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good knowledge in DevOps, CI-CD.
- Good experience in setting up the Delivery team in various location & Managing the large team.
- Very good presentation and documentation skills.
- Experience in presenting solutions to architecture forums and follow the principles and standards in implementation.
- Good experience in Application Delivery, that also includes Release Management and Production Support.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and frameworks.
- Experienced in Agile methodology and Waterfall models.
- Understanding on source control, versioning, branching etc.
- Recommend future technology capabilities and architecture design considering business objectives, technology strategy, trends and regulatory requirements.
- Good knowledge about Design Patterns and Principles, Microservices Architecture.
Strong hands on experience on CI-CD pattern with good knowledge on related tools like GIT, Bitbucket, Jenkins, JIRA, OpenShift, Kubernetes, Docker and automation test tool like JMeter, SoapUI.
Good hands on Data structure and Algorithms.
Ability to design and build smart, scalable and resilient solutions with tight deadlines, both high and low-level.
Good knowledge in Enterprise Application Integration patterns (synchronous, asynchronous).
Good knowledge on API building (Web Service, SOAP/REST).
Experience in building large scale applications using opensource and J2EE technologies.
Good knowledge on multi-threading and multi-processing implementations.
Good knowledge in dependency injections like Spring DI/Blueprints and JSON libraries like Jackson/GSON
Ability to work in quick paced, dynamic environment adapting agile methodologies.
Experience in building and supporting OLTP and OLAP systems.
Good knowledge in Linux Operating System (Preferably RHEL).
Hands-on knowledge in application servers/containers JBoss Fuse.
Good Hands on knowledge on containerized platforms like Kubernetes, OpenShift.
Expertise in RDBMS solutions (Oracle, PostgreSQL) & NoSQL offerings (Cassandra, MongoDB, etc)
Strong programming and hands-on skills in Java.
Strong experience in open source frameworks like Spring, Hibernate, Transaction Management and Apache Libraries (Camel/ActiveMQ/Commons).
Hands-on skills in J2EE specifications like JAX-RS, JAX-WS.
Good Understanding code quality tools like SonarQube, AppScan, XRAY.
Experience in policy/rule engines like Oracle Policy Automation or others.
Strong experience on Unit testing and code coverage using JUnit/Mockito.
Strong experience and Knowledge on Data Analysis/Analytics & Profiling.
Knowledge on testing methodologies like performance testing, smoke testing, stress testing, endurance testing, etc.
Good knowledge on Banking domain and experience in CLDM Life cycle and process guidelines.
Good knowledge on IMDG (Ignite or Hazelcast).
Having Knowledge in Python programming is added advantage.
Experience in distributed technologies e.g. Kafka, Apache MQ, RabbitMQ etc. will be added advantage
Knowledge in DSE DataStax or Neo4j will be an added advantage.Desirable
Good to Have
- Experience in Banking Domain with Client Lifecyle management.
About Standard Chartered
- Experience in application development for Client Due Diligence (CDD), On-boarding, FATCA & CRS
- Good knowledge on Cloud native application development, and knowledge of Cloud computing services.
- CDD process awareness including AML, KYC and Screening
- Enhance and improve CDD related processes.
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website