Line of ServiceAdvisory
Job Description & SummaryA career in our Advisory Acceleration Centre is the natural extension of PwC's leading class global delivery capabilities. We provide premium, cost effective, high quality services that support process quality and delivery capability in support for client engagements.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
The Private Equity Value Creation (PEVC) practice is part of Strategy&, PwC's global strategy consulting business and sits within the Deals platform. PEVC is dedicated to supporting Private Equity clients and their portfolio companies across the deal spectrum. We bring deep sector and functional expertise including product strategy, operations, technology strategy, sourcing and procurement, and supply chain management to help realize untapped sources of deal value. Our key service offerings include:
. Pre-acquisition: Operations due diligence and Product & Technology due diligence
. Post-acquisition: Growth Strategy, Operations Strategy, Technology Strategy, Business Transformation, and M&A Operations
We collaborate with Private Equity Deals and Operations teams as well as portfolio company Management teams to develop comprehensive value creation plans. We draw on our strategic, operational, organizational, and technology experience to deliver actionable advice that makes a tangible and sustainable difference in a company's performance.POSITION REQUIREMENTS:Knowledge/Skills Preferred
Preferred Educational Background
- Demonstrates intimate knowledge of, and/or a proven record of success in operations due diligence or corporate strategy roles within professional services, private equity or corporate organizations, including:
- Understanding of various facets of mergers, integrations, spin-offs and/or divestiture transactions, including options analyses and recommendations and - Assisting clients with strategic planning and business reviews growth, market entry and international expansion and market opportunity sizing.
- Demonstrates extensive abilities, and/or proven record of success with, managing and developing strategic client relationships while providing the highest quality client work across multiple client projects, preferably for a global network of professional services firms, private equity or corporate organizations, emphasizing the following:
. Building proven and collaborative relationships with team members and fostering a productive teamwork environment.
. Taking an active role in new business development and pursuit activities, including client lead maturation, proposal development, and closing new business opportunities.
. Delivering significant business results that reflect strategic and creative thinking and individual initiative.
. Managing complex projects while functioning as a trusted advisor at the highest levels of client organizations.
. Identifying and addressing client needs: building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships.
. Conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses of complex data, including Operational metrics, Market and competitor analysis (market sizing, drivers and dynamics), customer analysis and internal analysis (strategic analysis, business model reviews, and financials)
. Developing high-yield work plans: prioritizing issues that drive the answer, developing creative ways to prove or disprove hypotheses, estimating time and resourcing required for work modules.
. Managing multi-resource engagements: using work plans to manage day-to-day execution, removing roadblocks, proactively asking for help, effectively communicating up, down and laterally.
. Improving work processes: proactively finding standard-setting for engagement execution, codifying and sharing new insights
. Providing direction, coaching and guidance to staff.
. Writing, communicating, facilitating, and presenting cogently to and/or for all levels of audiences, clients and internal staff and management.
. Synthesizing issues for leadership team.
. Managing project workstreams and developing proposals, deliverables and reports using the Microsoft suite of applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
. Multi-tasking and balancing time effectively, keeping a rapid pace without sacrificing quality and
. Understanding advanced analytics and big data.
- Candidates with prior industry experience in any one of the functional areas - Operations, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, R&D, and Technology in any of the following sectors - Pharmaceuticals, Life Sciences, Healthcare (Payer / Provider), Technology, Media, Telecom, Industrials, Automotive, Chemicals, Retail, and Consumer industries will be given preference.
- Candidates with prior Consulting (Strategy, Management, or Technology) or Deal experience (mergers and acquisition, integration, divestitures, standalone analysis, run rate cost estimates, and Management estimate validation) will be given preference.
. MBA in Strategy / Operations from a premier Business School
. BS / BE with 8 to 10 years experience in the in relevant industry or functional areaAdditional Information
. Division: Strategy Consulting
. Platform: Deals
. Line of Service: Consulting Solutions
. Designation: Manager
. Location: Bangalore, India
. Travel Requirements: Travel to client locations may be required as per project requirementsEducation (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:Degrees/Field of Study preferred:Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)Required SkillsOptional SkillsDesired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)Travel RequirementsAvailable for Work Visa SponsorshipGovernment Clearance Required