About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
- Approve daily transactions for selected products as applicable (e.g. traveler&rsquos cheques, cashier&rsquos orders, currency exchange, merchant services, safe boxes) as well as transactions exceeding specified teller limits
- Manage Service Delivery observe queue time and length take action as needed to capacitize serving counters and/or managing customer traffic. Ensure that branch premises are maintained to the specified standard. Manage or recommend workflow changes for greater efficiency, improve turn around time
- Monitor customer satisfaction survey ratings, net promoter score or any other survey/ feedback ratings taken from customers and ensure continuous improvement if below bench-mark, sustain and better quality service
- General Reconciliation and Compliance Activities (may be individually assigned) which may typically include:
- Dual control of Cash functions
- Control of Security stationary, deliverables
- Review of processing entries and vouchers
- Follow-up with customers for returned deliverables as applicable (eg. cheque-books/ cards/ Pins/ Combi packs, etc)
- Review of reconciliation proofs for daily control as well as surprise audit proofing
- Preparation of service quality and productivity management reports and other regulatory returns
- Rectification of internal control issues
- Ensure satisfactory ratings in all internal/external audits conducted at the branch
- Ensure compliance to all Operations health documents like KCD/KRI/OPS manual, process notes and circulars issued from time to time. Perform regular KCS checks mandated. Mandatory reporting of KRIs and teller productivity
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of all returns both internal and statutory for sales and service
- Ensure a proper control of Keys, combination settings and passwords that protect cash & valuables.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of all customer instructions as per applicable processes/ circulars
- Ensure he/ she is fully aware of all the policies and procedures issued in relation to ORMA, Group Code of Conduct, KYC/CDD/EDD and Money laundering prevention. He/she must ensure compliance with these policies and procedures on an ongoing basis. Any suspicious transaction must immediately be reported as per guidelines
- Staff Supervision, Coaching and Training: daily organization of workflow/ breaks and staff levels and coaching/ training where necessary for improved performance
- Sales Referrals: where relevant, identify prospects for cross-selling from observation of customer transactions to highlight to sales staff
- Achieve high employee engagement and satisfaction. Ensure optimum teller productivity
- Contribute to branch performance through referrals, efficient customer service, effective operations controls
- Monitor and track transaction volumes and ensure effective transaction migration to alternate channels of banking
- He/She is aware of bank&rsquos Mis-selling & Sales Policies and ensure adherence all the times.
- Premises management in areas of merchandising, housekeeping as well as store management. Branch upkeep and maintenance
- Responsible for health and safety for all. As part of the Health and Safety guidelines you should:
Our Ideal Candidate
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of co-workers and those who may be affected by your actions or your omissions Co-operate with Management to support and promote Health and safety in the workplace
- Ensure that your actions do not put others at risk Work in a healthy and safe manner
- Encourage others to work in a healthy and safe manner
- Report all accidents and incidents and bring to the attention of the management any hazard in the workplace
- As a manager you are also responsible for the health and safety aspects within your area of control. You need to ensure that:
- Your employees are adequately trained and supervised to perform their tasks in a safe manner and are free to raise any Health and safety issues and these issues are addressed appropriately.
- The contractors working in your area or for you are working in a safe & healthy manner.
- Ownership of the Archival portfolio for the branch. Liaising with the external vendors and ensuring archival and retrieval is carried out in a manner as stated in the policy document without exception.
- Maintain MIS with regard to documents archived with due acknowledgement from the vendor for each of the file.
- Graduate/ Post Graduate
- Anywhere between 1 - 4 years of overall experience
- Banking knowledge, understanding of front and back office processes and procedures
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Strong Communication Skills
- Team-playing ability
- Customer Orientation and sales Focus
Visit our careers website