Head of Product, Cars24 Australia
CARS24 is a global e-commerce platform for used cars. The company started in India 8 years ago where it got to a leadership position in used cars. Now it has established itself in the Gulf, South East Asia and Australia.
We have started operations in Australia in 2021 and for Australians to buy and sell used cars 100% online. Cars24 Australia'smission is to transform how Australians buy cars. Imagine a truly Amazon-like experience where you can search, buy, get financing, insurance, and warranty fully online. The car shows up at your doorstep to either love or return at no cost. Unlike an average dealer, we invest 4-5x in each car when reconditioning it to the highest used car quality standard in the market. This becomes possible due to one of a kind reconditioning facility that is built for scale and quality. Our is set to produce close to 1000 cars at full capacity, a scale of operations non existent in Australia today.
Our headquarters are in Melbourne and Delhi.
About the role:
Do you love cars Love the challenge of transforming the industry that is well overdue for a makeover Join our founding team that will change the way cars are bought and sold in Australia!
As head of product you will lead a 35 team of product managers, designers and engineers to build truly exceptional digital experience for our customers and enable scaling our operations with technology. You will be joining the Australia Leadership team reporting directly to the .
Our strong preference for this role to be based in Delhi to be close to the existing product and tech team. Bangalore or Melbourne are considerations.
- Define and iterate on product vision for consumer and operations
- Lead a a 35 team of product managers, designers and engineers
- Drive user needs and market opportunity inspired discovery process working closely with your designers and a lead engineering partner
- Partner with your lead engineer to execute high velocity agile delivery process building a stable and evolving technology platform
- Work closely with Australia leadership team to align on strategic priorities of the business and drive execution of our annual operating plan in product and technology
- At least 7 years in product management, lead design or tech roles in high performing digital environments
- Strong track record of agile delivery and high impact product releases
- You could be an expat coming back to India, having learnt your product management in the US or Europe
- Experience leading small or medium sized team
- Start up, scale up, venture backed environments experience is a strong bonus
- A customer first thinker - you take seriously the role of being the voice of the customer within the organisation
- You're a solid team player who is revving to do something different and be a part of a team that will change how cars are bought and sold in Australia
- You're aware of the highs and lows of start-up life, and are willing to be part of our journey and take on tasks that we might need your help with
- Self-starter, autonomous - you proactively own your space and can act with minimal instruction. The tenacity and commitment to take us from start-up to scale-up.
- A creative problem-solver, able to work outside of expectations and processes across the organisation to generate solutions for our customers.
- Competitive pay with amazing employee benefits
- Ground-up opportunity: build a big business from scratch and shape the strategic direction of the market, changing the way Australians buy cars
- Amazing people & network. You are not alone - we keep standards high for anyone who joins us here. Be a part of a fun, energetic team with a can-do attitude
At Cars24 we don't just accept differences - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our customers and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.