Amazon is a US-based multinational electronic commerce company headquartered in Seattle, Washington. Amazon.com started as an online bookstore, but soon diversified into many other categories, with a vision to be earth's most customer-centric company & to build a place where people can come to find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
Amazon's Finance Operations, Accounting & Analysis (FOAA) team is a fast-paced, team-focused, dynamic environment and delivering great experiences for our customers is top priority. FOAA is seeking a Finance Analyst to support our Payroll Accounting team.
The responsibilities include month end closing activities for multiple Transportation accounts, preparation of monthly/quarterly/annually reconciliations and balance sheet analysis.
This position will support the Management in all aspects of financial accounting, reporting systems, procedures, and policies.
This position will also play an important role in promoting systems/process development within department to ensure ongoing efficiency and control improvements.
The successful candidate will have a strong desire in innovating processes and exceed expectations in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Knowledge & Skills/ Business Acumen/ Education & Experience. Certified Accountant with CA
. Prior experience in Retail or Market Place or Financial Retail Services is a plus. Strong interpersonal skills - including written and oral communication skills, Zeal towards Operational Excellence/Process improvement & simplifications
. Excellent knowledge of financial controls and procedures, US GAAP knowledge would be plus. Flexible, adaptable, well organized. Knowledge of Six Sigma defect reduction techniques (Lean, etc) preferred
. Proactive behavior
. Strong team skills
. Self motivated , enthusiastic and highly energetic
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Bangalore, KA, IND
- 2+ years of Accounts Receivable or Account Payable experience
- 2+ years of applying key financial performance indicators (KPIs) to analyses experience
- Knowledge of standard software including Excel, Access, Oracle, Essbase, SQL and VBA skills
- Experience using data to influence business decisions
- Experience in corporate finance including budgeting/planning, forecasting and reporting
- Certified Accountant with CA
- 2+ years of participating in continuous improvement projects in your team to scale and improve controllership with measurable results experience