ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting services company with over 9,000 full- and part-time employees, but we are not your typical consultants. At ICF, business analysts and policy specialists work together with digital strategists, data scientists and creatives. We combine unmatched industry expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help organizations solve their most complex challenges. Since 1969, public and private sector clients have worked with ICF to navigate change and shape the future. Learn more at icf.com.
We are looking for Energy Market Consultant to assist ICF in contributing to the development of innovative, accurate, timely, and high-quality products and services, typically working on multiple projects with all levels of staff. You will have the opportunity to apply academic knowledge, gain exposure to major projects, interact with experts and clients in the field, while building content knowledge and consulting skills.
This position will be located in New Delhi/ Bangalore
What you'll be doing.
- Collecting and analyzing data for power sector modeling projects (i.e., technology characterizations, regional load and energy demand data, emissions control technologies cost and performance)
- Perform production cost modeling and transmission congestion analysis of power markets
- Assist in modeling and analysis of nodal power markets including financial calculations and other standard asset valuation related tasks
- Assist in load flow analysis of transmission and distribution systems, including steady state, contingency, and dynamic analysis
- Lead data input, output processes and maintain datasets, templates required for nodal power markets modeling.
- Research and keep the broader group updated on latest power market developments in prominent ISO/RTO markets that influence power price forecasts, electric transmission congestion and other factors that influence power price fundamentals.
- Perform advanced quantitative analysis of transmission systems around the world to assess and forecast the future of electric reliability, transmission bottlenecks, and regulatory effects, among other parameters
- Support modeling and policy analysis related to transmission, renewable energy, smart grid and distribution
- Developing code and macros to process and manage large datasets
- Preparing high-quality written and electronic products
What you'll need.
- Master's degree in Power / Energy systems or Bachelor's in electrical engineering is must.
- 3+ years of production cost modeling, and/or economic power market analysis experience (including internships)
- Experience in production cost modeling using industry-standard models such as GE-MAPS, PROMOD, GridView or PLEXOS
- Basic knowledge of industry-standard power flow tools such as GE-PSLF, PSS/E, PowerWorld, CYMDIST
- Ability to demonstrate strong quantitative and/or modeling skills, specifically database management and data analysis skills
- Knowledge of linear optimization and energy and environmental markets is an advantage
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Excel and VBA) skills
- Knowledge of Excel macro programming and other programming languages
- Good research skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Works collaboratively with project team and client to achieve established goals.
Working at ICF
ICF is a global advisory and technology services provider, but we're not your typical consultants. We combine unmatched expertise with cutting-edge technology to help clients solve their most complex challenges, navigate change, and shape the future.
Bangalore, India (II78)