The Risk and Control Specialist role will be part of the Divisional Control and Regulatory Office (DCRO) Technology team which supports the Technology Data and Innovation (TDI) division in managing their divisional risks. DCRO's mission is to continuously enhance an effective non-Financial Risk Management Framework to support TDI's priorities and strategy, leading to a stronger risk culture and improved control environment.
This role is integral in supporting the first line management in identifying, measuring and monitoring risks, by performing comprehensive risk management of TDI functions according to established process and control standards.
The incumbent will need to :
What we'll offer you
- Work within the DCRO Finding Management team part of Risk Execution team and closely interact with key stakeholders including different control functions within TDI DCRO, business area DCOs and 2nd Line Risk Type Controllers
- Develop and foster relationships and management focus across TDI division for the Finding Management, drawing on best practices.
- Provide input and support to Global initiatives / projects.
As part of our flexible scheme, here are just some of the benefits that you'll enjoy
- Best in class leave policy
- Gender neutral parental leaves
- 100% reimbursement under childcare assistance benefit (gender neutral)
- Sponsorship for Industry relevant certifications and education
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family members
- Comprehensive Hospitalization Insurance for you and your dependents
- Accident and Term life Insurance
- Complementary Health screening for 35 yrs. and above
- Support implementation of the Findings Management Policy, oversight and governance and help manage CEAG (Control Effectiveness Assessment Grade) deliverables
- Support implementation of adequate controls within TDI to oversee DCO responsibilities
- Support the DCRO team in process documentation to reflect the methodology the DCRO uses to identify, monitor, and report common themes of finding portfolio risks and root causes to develop strategic responses.
- Assess, evaluate gaps in the DCRO finding management guidance and support management in remediating the gaps & uplifting the process. Further, engage / collaborate on key risk management initiatives as per the priorities of the DCRO / TDI organisation.
- Support in driving key risk initiatives for TDI, read across to drive forward looking risks, and execute within agreed timeline and tollgate process.
- Ensure that the quality of work stands up against key stakeholders scrutiny and challenge, e.g., an independent person can re-perform and arrive at the same conclusion, can understand the issues, control gaps, residual risks, and its impact.
- Build and maintain sustainable networks and partnerships across the organisation to ensure effective DCRO brand ambassadorship.
- Ensure important ad-hoc requests and projects in line with requests from Global, regional and local control hubs are initiated.
- Work inclusively with TDI, Embedded Risk Teams (ERTs), 2nd line including NFRM to support control initiatives as required.
- Engage with key stakeholders to assist in the development of a risk-based assessment Book of Work by referencing various trigger events e.g. key risk indicators outside risk appetite, major incidents or major change event.
- Support DCRO /NFRM in Risk and Control assessments, Incident Lifecycle events and remediation
Knowledge & Experience
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to oversee/structure complex tasks
- Persuasive power and persistence in driving process changes, especially with senior stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to translate complex functional and technical content and dependencies into a language which can be understood by the relevant stakeholders.
- Self-motivated and flexibility to work autonomously coupled with ability to manage virtual teams and work in matrix/global organisations including appreciation of different cultures during collaborating and sharing.
- Ability to build up knowledge related to new technology / process / solutions in an effective and timely manner
- Feedback:Seeks feedback from others, provides feedback to others in support of their development, and is open and honest while dealing constructively with criticism
- Inclusive Leadership:Values individuals and embraces diversity by integrating differences and promoting diversity and inclusion across teams and functions
- Coaching:Understands and anticipates people's needs, skills, and abilities, in order to coach, motivate and empower them for success
How we'll support you
- 7+ years of experience in the financial sector, with 3+ years of experience in the Risk Management especially on the management of non-financial risk in technology areas.
- Knowledge on Information Security Controls, Data Protection Policy, Information classification principles and segregation of duties requirements within Banking Operations.
- Good understanding of Regulatory, Compliance, Risk & Control Knowledge.
- Inquisitive and probing approach to problem solving, strong analytical skills, high attention to detail, solid organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of conducting risk assessments, identifying and rating residual risk and reporting on it.
- Experience of working on global regulatory requirements and an understanding of the mapping of such requirements to the bank's processes and frameworks.
- Experience in effectively collaborating across multiple teams and geographies
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office products.
- Preferred certifications: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Security Manager CISM)
About us and our teams
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
Please visit our company website for further information:
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.