About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.Role ResponsibilitiesStrategy
- Develop technology strategy and roadmap for Financial Markets business by providing robust technology solutions that will efficiently drive higher productivity, maximize efficiency, and reduce costs.
- Lead and implement the vision and strategy by adopting new technology and delivery model with Agile, and Dev Ops to identify working opportunities on innovation.
- Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the group operates.
- Contribute to the strategic goals of the organisation through the application of standard and latest technology (standardised enterprise grade tools, software, and frameworks).
- Enable the organisation to manage transformational business improvements through application of technical expertise and innovation in defining solutions.
- Strong and effective stakeholder management and communication skills.
People and Talent
- Provide inputs, support and challenge process or operating model to constantly identify opportunities on simplification and delivery efficiency.
- Define standards to ensure that applications are designed with scale, resilience, and performance in mind.
- Enforce and streamline sound development practices and establish and maintain effective governance processes including training, advice, and support, to assure the platforms are developed, implemented, and maintained aligning with the Group&rsquos standards.
- Mentor and coach individuals and develop the community of technical talent.
- Drive creation and provide ongoing input and support for the delivery of technology talent programmes.
- Create a positive impact in the organisation and across the industry by sharing knowledge and expertise with others.
- Source knowledge and expertise for own initiatives and in supporting others to achieve their initiatives.
- Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks for investment projects as well for new application build-out.
- Identify / address key issues based on this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Awareness and understanding of the Group Technology Policy, Standards and Enterprise Risk management framework.
- Responsible for delivering &lsquoeffective governance capability to challenge peers effectively and Willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
- Work with program management office and 2nd line of defence teams to ensure portfolio governance are well managed.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime Compliance The Right Environment].
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association.
- Scrum Master
- Application Leads
- PSS Leads
Our Ideal Candidate
- Work with an Agile team to develop, test and maintain applications.
- Understand the user requirements and participate system design, particularly the business / functional services. Participate into the full development life cycle of solution building.
- Involve in the collection and documentation of user&rsquos requirements and development of user stories.
- Work with databases, software algorithms and pattern design.
- Design, develop and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Package and support deployment of releases.
- Develop, refine and tune integrations between applications.
- Track and maintain code coverage system performance and system security.
- Contribute to design and implementation of application integration solutions.
- Perform hands on development in Hadoop ecosystem in data ingestion, data transformation, data service, etc.
- Lead the technical design on component or full application.
- In addition to development, participate end to end project delivery and conduct tasks such as: application development, testing, build, and release.
- Follow and contribute to DevOps and related team collaboration activities.
Nice to have
- Bachelor or master&rsquos degree in computer science or Information Technology.
- Overall 3+ year hands-on software development experience.
- 2 - 3 years of Core Java Experience.
- Unix Fundamentals.
- Basic Shell Scripting.
- Collaborate with developers, PM, BA on all project deliverables.
- Continuously innovate, adapt and invest in latest technologies.
- DB Design and DB Fundamentals.
- SQL Knowledge.
- Fast learner, self-disciplined, positive attitude.
- Good communicator.
- Knowledge of Webservers such as WAS, JBOSS.
- Knowledge of basic computing principals, security protocols and methods.
- Power BI.
Visit our careers website