Your responsibility will be to collaboratively take part and lead all aspects of software delivery: planning, design, development, testing(automation), implementation, refactoring, automation, integration, release, monitoring, and troubleshooting. You will be constantly learning and sharing your knowledge with your peers. We value specialized expertise however we request everyone on the team to be curious, open-minded, and be a proactive problem solver.
This role holder will be hands-on and contributes/leads outcomes in the following areas:
- Implementation of specified capabilities using the agile framework covering RM and Client solutions across PvB and WM.
- Drive adoption and rollout of Agile and modern software design and engineering practices.
- Lead project / scrum team in design methods and principles.
- Candidate will work with business and technology teams (including Digital Channels) to establish frameworks for delivery of online capability to clients via web and/or through relationship management tools.
- Candidatewill ensure that the risks, issues, costs and schedules are appropriately managed following agile principles. Also ensures that progress is tracked and communicated to internal and external stakeholders using visual management techniques.
- Candidate will work with technology teams to co-ordinate development and create a delivery pipeline across multiple streams.
- Makes sure that the new way of working is adopted for better delivery efficiencies.
- Roles and responsibilities are understood by the squads.
- Optimise the value created by the squads.
- Ensure that goals, scope, and product domain are understood by everyone on the squads as well as possible.
- Help the squads understand the need for clear and concise Product Backlog items.
- Ensure the Product Owner knows how to arrange the Product Backlog to maximize value.
- Mentor and Coach developers in the latest design principles and involve in code reviews and provide feedback on the code quality and usage of optimal methods and coding constructs.
- Support the developers to create high-value products: quality as a non-tradeable asset and best design as a principle.
- Make sure that the Sprint Events are followed and effective.
- Those performing the work and those inspecting the resulting increment must share a common definition of "Done' and &ldquoUndone&rdquo.
- Inspire the Squads with technology acumen and business foresight.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Global Wealth Management & COO teams
- Business & Technology Managers
- Segment Business Heads
What Makes You Stand Out
- 15+ years of experience building applications with full-stack design patterns and in designing loosely coupled architectures.
- 15+ years of experience in application and product development, preferably web development.
- 15+ years of experience leading delivery and working with Agile teams.
- Experience designing applications in HTML5, React/Redux architecture.
- Demonstrated experience in java/springboot integration and other open api&rsquos.
- Experience in creating mock-ups and UI designs.
- Experience with Postgres SQL, Git, VS Code, Jenkins.
- Strong analytical & trouble shooting skills.
- Demonstrated experience in senior stakeholder management.
- Capable of collaborating with multiple business stakeholders to provide information technology solution.
- Skilled in interpersonal communications, negotiation, and conflict resolution.
About Standard Chartered
- Other areas of experience or interest that will help us place you on the right team include:
- Experience with DevOps principles and lean development such as Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (Jenkins, etc.).
- Experience with git principles and tools such as Bitbucket.
- Cloud experience, esp. AWS and Azure.
- Experience in cybersecurity principles and tools/techniques employed in banking and other related organizations.
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In lin with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do.
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well.
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term.
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations.
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum.
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns.
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits.
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning.
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website