Great that you're thinking about a career with BSI!
Purpose of the position
Key responsibilities & accountabilities
- To conduct on-site assessments against the requirements of relevant standards or specifications
- To provide expertise, produce surveillance and initial assessment reports and make recommendations for certification decisions.
- To promote the BSI product offering and solutions to our clients with the view of improving their business performance, managing risk and Making excellence a habit
Act as a brand Ambassador for BSI. This means acting ethically, following company rules and promoting BSI services to clients so they are able to optimize business performance and Make Excellence a Habit.Candidate specifications
- Undertake management system assessments in accordance with BSI requirements.
- Prepare assessment reports and deliver findings to clients to ensure client understanding of the assessment decision and clear direction to particular items of corrective action where appropriate.
- Recommend the issue, re-issue or withdrawal of certificates, and report recommendations in accordance with BSI policy, procedures and prescribed time frame.
- Lead assessment teams as required ensuring that team members are adequately briefed so that quality of service is maintained and that effective working relationships are sustained both with Clients and within the team
- Establish and develop an effective partnership, which secures the commercial relationship and encourages opportunities for business development and increased client satisfaction with clients in your portfolio.
- Provide accurate and prompt information to support services, working closely with them to ensure that client records are up to date and complete and that all other internal information requirements are met.
- Plan/schedule workloads to make best use of own time and maximise revenue-earning activity. Coach colleagues as appropriate especially where those members are inexperienced assessors or unfamiliar with clients business/technology and assist in the induction and coaching of new colleagues as requested.
- Maintain and develop assessment skills and technical and management system standards knowledge.
- Provide technical support to clients through business development, sales and customer service staff
Key performance indicators
- Bachelor degree or above in Information Technology.
- An IT professional with training and a working knowledge of ISO 20000 FOR IT Service Management and ISO 27001 for Information Security Management System will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 4 years working experience in IT, with 2 years work experience in IT.
- Commercial understanding of compliance industry, minimum 2 years quality system management Knowledge of business processes and application of quality management standards
- Good verbal and written communication skills and an eye for detail
- Be self-motivated, flexible, and have excellent time management/planning skills Can work under pressure
- Willing to travel on business intensively
- An enthusiastic and committed team player
- Good public speaking and business development skill will be considered advantageous
- Delivery of man-days as booked in time and good quality work together with positive feedback from clients
- Feedback efficiently to both clients and internal queries Timely submission of reports
- Actively solve problems when needed with can do attitude
- Add value to clients by identifying their needs and introducing multiple BSI services to improve clients business performance and help them Make excellence a habit
- Help to avoid customer attrition by providing quality value added service and technical support
- Attended to all the trainings as advised during tenure of service
- Adhere to applicable BSI Procedures
All the employees have the following responsibilities towards Environment, Health and Safety in addition to their roles and responsibilities defined for the purpose of job
- Understand, commit and follow the BSI Group Health, Safety, Environment & Quality (HSEQ) Policy
- Learn and follow safe working environment
- Undertake Suitable Training as communicated from time to time
- Report hazards, near miss and safety incidence
- Report environmental issues and incidence
- Follow Safety Rules including using Personnel Protective Equipment (PPEs)
- Participation in Hazard Identification
- Participate in the process of risk mitigation
- Participation in Accident Investigation
- Exercise the right to withdraw oneself from work if one feels it is unsafe working environment. Inform the respective line manager
- Contribute in achieving Environment, Health and Safety objectives
Our Excellence Behaviours: Client-centric, Agile, Collaborative. These three behaviours represent how we do things at BSI. They help us ensure that BSI is a great place to work and a highly successful business.
BSI is conducting face-to-face interviews where appropriate and possible. If you are invited to a face-to-face interview but feel more comfortable with conducting the interview virtually, please speak to a member of our recruitment team.